20

There was a buzz in the air and I felt it pulsate through my body

There was a buzz in the air and I felt it pulsate through my body. People were having fun, drinking, laughing and encouraging each other to take on the mechanical bull.

"So, what do you think?" Lucas asked behind me.

Instead of answering, I turned around and felt a grin spread on my lips. The energy was palpable and I wanted to be swept up in that carefree joy.

Lucas laughed and ushered us towards the long bar. I hopped up on one of the bar chair while Lucas waited patiently next to me. Before long a waiter rushed up to us wearing a huge brown cowboy hat with brown pigtails hanging out underneath.

"What can I get you guys?" She asked in a heavily fake southern accent.

I couldn't help but giggle under my breath as Lucas placed our orders. In a bar like this it was either beer or whiskey so I settled for the lesser evil of the two and waited until the girl behind the counter gave us two ice cold beers. The music still pulsed and people cheered from the dance floor while I watched. There was a part of me that wanted to do that but the idea of even trying those intricate steps had me ducking away.

"It's line dancing. Wanna try?"

"For a dance with such a simple name the steps actually look quite complicated."

"It's actually very easy once you get the hang of it, it's also a lot of fun."

"I think I need a little more theory before I try practical, I'll just watch."

Lucas set his beer on the counter and grabbed a hold on my arm, "No, you are not just going to just sit here come on."

"No thanks!" I said but it was pointless.

Lucas was already pulling me to an empty spot on the dance floor and since his strength out matched mine ten times over, I had no choice but to follow.

"This is a terrible idea!" I screamed over the music.

Lucas just smirked, "Just follow my lead and you'll get the hang of it in no time!"