11

So there I was, at the doctors office wondering if pissing Lucas off was worth my freedom

So there I was, at the doctors office wondering if pissing Lucas off was worth my freedom. I hated doctors and hospitals, I always have. The rational part of my brain told me that this was the right thing to do but my fear overruled it. I was going to kill Lucas, I was going to grind his bones into dust and use it as fertilizer! To say I was pissed, was and understatement.

My anger, although potent, was outweighed only by my fear so I kept quiet as Lucas led me into the office. The smell of bleach and chemicals assaulted me and I crinkled my nose in disgust. To my left there was a row of navy blue chairs situated around a dark wood coffee table. Behind that there was a row of blacked out windows and I wondered for a moment if I could possibly sneak out without Lucas noticing. Florescent lights buzzed over my head and the familiar sound had me shaking.

Behind the large wooden desk there was a woman about my age shuffling paperwork and then adding it to a binder. When she looked up her face broke out into a beaming smile, brown eyes warm and inviting. Her blonde hair was pulled into tight bun on top of her head and her cheeks were lightly dusted with freckles.

"Well, I'll be damned. Lucas Rhys, what brings you here?" she asked completely ignoring me.

Lucas smiled the smile and I didn't know who's face I wanted to claw off more. My hand throbbed under the bandage and I clenched my teeth together.

"My friend got hurt, just bringing her in to see Dr. Jenkins. Is he available?"

For the first time the blonde actually took notice of me, those warm brown eyes turned dark real fast. She grabbed a clipboard with a pen hanging from it from behind her and handed it to Lucas.

"She'll have to fill in these forms and then the doctor will see her."

"Thank you, Janine," Lucas said to the blushing woman and turned to me, "will you be okay to fill this in or can I help you?"

He held the clipboard between us and I grabbed it from him, "I'd much rather chew off my own arm." I spat.

To my surprise, Lucas only chuckled and that just infuriated me more. Turning away from him, I took a seat on one of the chairs and started filling in my details but every now and then, I would eavesdrop on Lucas and Janine.