8

I watched Lucas' retreating form and the urge to strangle him was overwhelming

I watched Lucas' retreating form and the urge to strangle him was overwhelming. He did that on purpose, he wanted me to just give up and go home. He was right though, I did struggle with the couch, not as much but enough to make me doubt being able to help with the heavier items in the house.

I walked into the house and found Lucas in the kitchen guzzling a glass of water. A small drop escaped from the glass and slipped down his chin all the way past his throat and I became transfixed on the droplet. I instantly swung my gaze away and heat crept into my cheeks.

"Still think you're up for today?" he asked only half teasing.

I narrowed my eyes, "Yes, I am."

My bags were still standing by the front door and I left Lucas in the kitchen to load my bags into the car. No point in leaving all of my luggage right in front of the door. A few minutes later a sports car pulled up and a heavily tattooed man got out of the car.

H was almost a whole head taller than Lucas and I couldn't deny that he was attractive. He gave me a crooked smile and walked in my direction. "You must be Katelyn?"

"I'm sorry, who are you?"

"Ah, I see. We have a mutual friend, about this tall," the man held his hand out to indicate height, "he's also very grouchy and rude. Not really a people person."

I laughed, "You're talking about Lucas but we're not friends."

He stuck out his hand, "The name's Liam."

I shook Liam's hand just as Lucas sauntered out of the house, "What are you doing here?"

Lucas looked between me and Liam and I felt his gaze skewer me in place. Liam held his hand up in mock surrender and I saw the mirth dancing in his eyes.

"Mrs. M said you might need some help here today and I'm free."

Lucas' jaw ticked, "Of course you are."

"You never told me Katelyn was this beautiful. If you did, I would have been here yesterday!"

My jaw unhinged and my cheeks caught fire. As I peeked up at Lucas I saw a thundercloud descend on his face.