23

The heat from her body feels like is seeping through my clothes, with the gentle sway of the water around my feet I know that's the only reason I can feel her

The heat from her body feels like is seeping through my clothes, with the gentle sway of the water around my feet I know that's the only reason I can feel her. At least that's what I tell myself. I don't want to go back to the moment where I almost had her. She was ready and so was I. So why the hell did I wait?

Even now I'm regretting my jeans as they get a little tighter, cementing my attraction to the girl next to me. Everything was going well up until the dressed penguin showed up. Well, he looks to be more her type and I don't get why that pisses me off but it does.

Her face had gone a dangerous shade of white when she saw him. Her eyes darting between the two of us like a deer caught in headlights.

"So, you going to tell me where you ran to?" She finally asks.

I try to ignore the smile in her voice but it's damn hard and that just pisses me off more. By the time Katelyn Davis leaves Silver Point, I'm going to be crazy because even now that I know she has a boyfriend, I still want her.

"I had work to do." I clip not bothering to elaborate since she knows that's a lie.

"Oh. So why does Chloe think you're pissed?"

I groan and remind myself to have a talk with Chloe about boundaries. Not that she will listen but maybe I can take out my pent up frustration on her. It's been too damn long since I've been with a woman and maybe that's why my whole equilibrium is thrown off balance. There, a perfectly acceptable excuse for all this crazy.

"Maybe it has something to do with your boyfriend showing up right after you asked me to kiss you."

Take foot and insert in mouth. Yeah, that's me, the asshole with his foot shoved down his throat.

I expected anger, an outburst of some kind. Maybe even some violence since some women are prone to that. But no. Instead I get hellacious laughter that has Katelyn doubling over and clutching her side. I've always thought that I knew women pretty well but now it feels like I've been duped my whole life. She's fucking laughing at me!

Katelyn wipes her eyes still snickering, "You think Micheal is my boyfriend?"

This just causes her to burst into another round of hysterics and my confusion is quickly turning into anger.