Chapter Eighteen - Date night

Mila's P.O.V

I was on my way over to Jamie's, excited to see him again even though he only left about five hours ago. I was still nervous about him and me, those thoughts still in the back of my head but I was trying to keep them at bay or I would end up ruining everything. I text him to let him I know I was on my way. He told me to walk straight in and I would find him in the kitchen. I had my overnight bag with me cause apparently I was staying the night, he would drop me off at College in the morning before going to work.

"Hey Jamie I am here." I called out

"Hey baby girl, just come straight through." He called back

I made my way through his house, heading to his kitchen where he was in the middle of cooking us dinner and it smelt really good.

"Something smells good." I smiled

"Creamy garlic and mushroom chicken with seasoned potatoes and veg." he smiled

"Fancy..." I giggled "No but it honestly smells amazing." I added

He motioned me to come over to him. I sat my things down, making my way over and as soon as I was close enough he reached in kissing me, smiling against my lips and I done the same back.

"Try this..." He said once we pulled apart "Let me know if you think it needs any more seasoning." He added

He grabbed the spoon, putting it into the pan and putting a little sauce on it, letting me try it. I groaned as I tasted, it tasted good.

"How is it? Does it need anything else?" He asked

"No, it is perfect the way it is." I smiled

He smiled gratefully at me before getting back to dinner, stealing a couple of kisses in between. I offered my help to him but he told me no, I was his guest.

"Can I at least set the table? I don't like standing around doing nothing." I laughed

"I am sure I can let you do that..." he laughed "Dinner won't be long." He added

He told me where everything was and I sat the table for us, grabbing two glasses and pouring us both a glass of wine. As I finished up, dinner was ready. I couldn't wait to taste, it smelt and look so good. Jamie made us both a plate up before he joined me at the table.

"Thank you for making me dinner." I smiled

"It is my pleasure, don't thank me though until after you tried it." He laughed

I took the first bite and as soon as it touched my taste buds I groaned loudly. It tastes as good as it looked.

"This is amazing Jamie, it just sort of melts in the mouth." I said

"I am happy you like it gorgeous." He said winking at me

A comfortable silence fell between as we ate dinner and drank our wine. I was enjoying the food on my plate too much to actually talk, that is how good it was. We would have plenty of time later for talking.

****

"Where did you learn to cook like that?" I asked as we were cuddled up on his sofa

"My grandmother, she was an amazing cook." He smiled

"Is she still around?" I asked

"Yes she is...seventy-five years old and still going strong, she could give me a run for my money." He laughed "But she is the sweetest woman in the entire world." He added gushing over her.

I wish I had family to gush over but I never even had a chance to meet my grandparents, my parents made sure of that, don't even know their names, maybe one day I should do some research and find out if I have any family out there.

"That is amazing..." I smiled

I got Jamie to tell me about his family because I realised I don't know that much about them, only little things but I wanted to get know more about him. I sat listening to him as he chatted happily about them, you could tell he really loved them.

"I hope one day I will have my own family, a family full of love and being there for each other." I said

"And I am sure you will have." He smiled stroking my hair "You deserve the world after what you have been through." He added

"I hope so..." I said leaning up close enough to reach his lips with mine.

"You will have." He said

I liked his hope and enthusiasm, just wish I had the same amount as him. I smiled at him gratefully, kissing him before snuggling back into him, watching the movie and eating my ice cream, well sharing it with Jamie. I had enjoyed my date night with him. This is the sort of date I am not used to, well considering how my others dates are, though they aren't dates...that is work so it is nice to have an actual date with a man that cares about me...a man that never paid for my time. I wish I could stop the work I do and just have nights like this one all the time but until school is done and I have a job I need to keep doing it. I really hope my job doesn't get in the way of Jamie and I, but I had a gut feeling telling me it was gonna get in the way...eventually. I know I couldn't be OK with all this if it was the other way about. I pushed all those thoughts to the back of my head not wanting it to ruin our night.

"Mila are you OK Angel, you got lost there for a minute." Jamie asked

"Yes I am OK." I smiled "Just getting tired." I added

"How about we head to bed then." He smiled

"I like the sound of that." I said kissing him "But there is something I want before we go to sleep." I mumbled against his lips.

"And what would that be?" He smirked

"You." I purred kissing him a little harder

Jamie liked the sound of that idea, I thought he would. I got up from his sofa, Jamie following my lead. We got cleaned up a little before head through to his bedroom. I was going to get my nightwear on but then realised there was no point because they wouldn't be on for long. Instead I stripped down, climbing under the covers, Jamie quick to rid himself of his own clothes before joining me. Our lips connected quickly and our bodies too. We had hot, amazing sex and got cleaned up before settling ourselves down for the night.