Chapter Thirty Six - Dance with me?

Jamie's P.O.V

Mila and I were enjoying Paris, our first day done but we still had the night, a night we decide to spent in the city because it was beautiful at night. Good food, good wine and amazing company.

"It really is magical isn't it?" Mila gushed at me as we walked along the .

"It is something special." I smiled slipping my arm around her waist.

"Yes I am glad I am sharing it with you." She said resting her head on my shoulder.

I was glad we were here away from him, away from the drama and away from my ex more than anything cause what happened with her was still getting to Mila even though nothing has been done or said since but I don't blame her my ex isn't exactly the most trustworthy person in the world. But I am not even gonna think about her, she isn't worth it. I am gonna enjoy my time in this beautiful place with my beautiful girl.

"Me too..." I smiled kissing the top of her head.

We had a reservation at one of the restaurants on the Riverbank that looked straight into the river, it was beautiful we came down this afternoon to check them out and thankfully got a table for seven.

"Here we are." I smiled leading us inside, telling the front of house my name, thankfully they understood English because Mila and I were terrible with French.

We got led to our seats, a drink menu getting handed to us. I smiled, thanking them in French, one word I did know...thank you.

"How about a bottle of rose?" I suggested

"Yes that sounds good." She smiled looking up at me

I placed an order for one of their finest rose wines, both soon getting a glass. I reached over, placing my hand over hers and looked her in the eye.

"Have I told you, you look beautiful tonight my love?" I smiled at her

"About ten times but thank you baby boy." She giggled leaning over to press a soft kiss to my lips.

I instantly smiled into the kiss, it only lasted a moment but it still felt amazing.

"I love you..." she said stroking my cheek once our lips parted.

"I love you too..." I replied.

We ordered our food from the menu, both ready for it after our very busy day and travel last night.

****

It was close to midnight, Mila and I were still walking around, not very many people around now but the peacefulness felt amazing. The night had been amazing, just her and I.

"Dance with me?" I whispered as we walked

"What? Where?" She giggled

"Right here..." I said smiling

"There is no music." She laughed shaking her head.

I smirked, pulling my phone out and playing Ed Sheeran Perfect on it. I pulled away, extending my hand to her. She giggled, her cheeks turning red, looking at the ground and shaking her head as she giggled. I was not given in that easily.

"No one is around, come on beautiful dance with me, we are in the city of Love after all." I smiled

She lifted her head to look at me and finally nodded her head. I pulled her close to me, slipping my arms around her and she rested her head on my shoulder, placing her hand on my chest. I really wasn't caring we were dancing in the middle of Paris. The two of us got entirely lost in the moment, in the music. It felt amazing. I was utterly in love with this woman. I sang the words softly in her ear as we danced. This is the definition of the perfect moment.

"Perfect...I love you entirely sweetheart." I whispered as we danced

"I love you too...whole heartily." She said nuzzling my neck.

A beautiful silence fell between us as we danced until the song came to an end but I never let her go even after it was done.

"Marry me Mila?" I whispered

She quickly pulled away, looking at me wide-eyed with a shocked look on her face. Well I was not expecting those words to come from my lips.

"What did you just say?" She finally stuttered out

"Um...I think I may have just asked you to marry me." I said nervously rubbing the back of my neck.

"You think?" she laughed "Did you mean it or was it a mistake? Be honest with me OK?" She added softly.

"Both...I meant it but at the same time I never meant for those words just to slip out." I said honestly.

Yes the thought of marrying her had crossed my mind, just never realised that is what I wanted right now.

"You...you want me to marry you?" she said

"Yes, very much so. I know it may seem soon and if you aren't ready then I will understand and we can wait until you are." I smiled.

I never wanted to put any pressure on her that was the last thing I wanted to do. I would wait until she was ready. She stepped into me, placing her hand on my chest and looked up at me, a beautiful smile on his face.

"Yes I would love to marry you..." She cooed at me "And soon if we can?" She added

"How soon?" I asked excited

"As soon as we get it organised and back home. I don't want a big fancy thing, just something small. None of those things matter to me as long as I get to marry you." She said kissing me softly.

"Anything you want my love." I said happily "People are gonna think we are crazy when they find out since it hasn't been that long." I added laughing.

"Let them think what they want." She giggled "I feel it in my heart it is what I want and it is the right thing." She added

"Same baby girl...I can't wait to make you my wife." I added stealing another kiss.

I couldn't believe we were getting married? I thought she was gonna think I was crazy when I asked her but I am she never. I am glad she wants the same as what I want. She was all I needed and wanted in my life. I have never loved anyone in the way I love her and I hope nothing ever changes that. Yes we haven't been together that long but I don't care, it is what I want...what we both want and it feels right. It doesn't matter if it is weeks from now or years, I knew I was gonna marry this woman and I couldn't wait to call her my wife. She was it for me...the one and I knew that in my heart, with every part of me. She has changed my life in so many ways...for the good of course. She healed me when I was broken, just never realised that first night we met she would be the one that changed my entire life.