Final Chapter

Deanna

Parang kahapon lang nung sinurprise namin si Love. I borrowed her phone and pretended that I broke it.

And then I asked her to go with me in a convention that will be held in Manila.

That is what my parents and I talked about in Antipolo when the whole family visited us there.

Ang plano ng kasal namin ni Love.

Pero siyempre kailangan muna mamanhikan.

We went to that meeting and then asked her if she wants to visit her parents in Laguna.

When we arrived, nandun na sila Dad and the rest of my family. Nagulat si Love na pamamanhikan na pala yun. She was so surprised. She cried hard when she saw our parents talking about our wedding.

I decided to do the ceremony in Palawan where we first realized that we love each other. Nung una ayaw ni Jema kasi nga may masakit siyang experience doon.

Pero nung nakita na niyang parang may mag-aaway; because my parents suggested na kung ayaw niya sa gusto kong lugar ay sa Cebu na lang gawin; and her parents on the other hand wants it to be in Laguna,

napilitan na siya, Palawan it is.

It was a sunset wedding attended by our close friends, families, and some of her showbiz friends. Even Ponggay who was already in the States with her husband went home to come witness our union.

I introduced Jema to Jessica Brighton. Kasama niya ang husband and ang son niya na sobrang cute. Blue ang eyes ng bata kaya tuwang-tuwa si Jema sa kanya.

Jema said that it was the best venue pala because it was a paradise.

After the wedding we also did it in Las Vegas. The union in our country is for the people who loves us. The vows in the US is for us. To make our bond legal.

And then we went to Chicago for the IVF procedure.

We went through some series of tests before the procedure. Yung sa akin ay para itest kung okay ang egg cell ko for the conception, kay Jema is to check kung fit siya to be pregnant.

The tests went fine and after two tries, we succeeded.

I decided for us to stay here in Chicago for the whole duration of the pregnancy. Joseph is now working in the canning and my Dad continued running Iza Malls. We rented a condo unit near the hospital para in any case ay malapit lang kami.

At first, the pregnancy wasn't that smooth because Jema was----

Difficult.

Nahirapan ako lalo na nung first trimester niya.

I have to sweep all the supermarkets and other food establishments just to look for those foods that she craves.

Since this is the US ay nakakakita naman ako ng food na trip niya, pero minsan ayaw niya rin kainin dahil mas masarap daw ang galing sa Pinas.

Kinailangan kong magrequest sa mga taong kilala ko sa atin para magpadala sila ng food na gusto ni Jema.

That was one hell of three months for me. Hindi niya talaga ako kakausapin hanggang di niya nakakain yung gusto niya.

Eh diba ilang araw pa yun bago dumating.

Naaawa na ko sa sarili ko every time na mangyayari yun.

But the thing is, all things, good or bad lasts.