1 » old faces

[your POV]

I groaned as I heard my alarm ring harshly through my ears, making me wonder how on earth they didn't bleed.

After yawning and rubbing my eyes, I slowly sat up in bed and slammed my hands down on my alarm, making it fall to the ground. I forgot that I was stronger than humans.

Biting my lip, I watched as it smashed into pieces on my bedroom floor.

Well done, Y/n. Now you have to buy another one. I thought before rolling my eyes.

I hopped out of my bed and pulled the blanket to where it was before, propping up all of my pillows before walking to my bathroom.

Today was the day I was going to join the CCG... Again.

I prepared myself for the worst.

-

|10:00am|

After arriving at the CCG headquarters, I took a deep breath and looked up at the tall buildings.

You will get the job, Y/n. You will. I thought, closing my eyes and opening them again before pushing the wide doors open and walking in.

Once in, I immediately regretted not covering my face or something like that because I instantly got strange stares and people muttering about me as I walked past.

So does everyone know what I did? I thought, covering both sides of my face as I continued walking, not really knowing where to go. I wouldn't be surprised if they did. I mean, I did kill the CCG's most respected investigator.

"Wait, isn't that-"

"No way! That can't be... Her..."

"Is that the ghoul that killed Investigator Arima!?"

"Does she just think she can just show up here after she did what she did!?"

"Traitor!"

[Author's POV]

Those were the rude comments and mutters you got from people as you cautiously walked past them.

Just ignore them, Y/n... You did what you had to do. You thought, taking a deep breath as you turned a corner.

"I-is it really you...?" A faint, small whisper could be heard from behind you.

Your eyes widened at the familiar voice.

Slowly turning around, you were met with...

Juuzou...

As you looked into his ruby red eyes, you could see cold, salty tears forming in the corners of them, making you want to run and hug him immediately.

Were they tears of joy, happiness or sadness? Who knew? Only he did.

"Y-y/n..." He whispered. You couldn't help but to notice that his voice sounded so, so... Broken.

"Juuzou..." You breathed, trying your best not to cry. You'd be lying if you said the time you were apart that you didn't miss him.

He instantly ran into your arms and held you tightly as he burried his face into your chest and cried.

You took a moment to process the situation, but when you realized what just happened, you sighed sadly and wrapped your arms around his back, allowing him to cry into your chest and clutch onto your blouse, making it a bit damp, but you didn't care.

"I-i... I missed you so much, Y/n..." He sobbed.

You looked sadly at the top of his head and whispered, "I know you did... Your like the only person that did..."

He frowned and looked up at you, still holding onto your blouse.

"Don't say that. Akira-San did!" He exclaimed.

"..." You were silent. In all honesty, you still felt a bit uncomfortable with the environment. And you definitely did not want to spend long here. You were only here to find your out of control husband and try and finish what you started.

"Why did you leave?" He muttered, now letting go of you.

Looking down, you didn't reply, as you really had no clue what to say.

"Well?" Juuzou suddenly snapped, his eyes now narrowing. Your eyes widened at his choice of tone.

Frowning slightly said whispered, "Because I had too."

"No you didn't!" He yelled, making you silently panic in case you two were heard.

"Look, I really can't be here right now. I need to go and ask for my job back. Maybe see you soon." You exclaimed, turning around and walking down the corridor to try and find your destination.

Juuzou was left shouting for you, but you just ignored him and carried on.

Just survive through this, Y/n. It will be easy... You thought, taking a deep breath of air.

But would it really?

-

Hello, it's me, Author-Chan!

Sorry this first chapter was short, but I do hope you liked it.

Thanks~

~Ken_Kaneki4.