51 » found you [ end ]

note: this is the happy ending for the book! and the final ending! an author's note will be at the end!

another note: you survived and didn't end up dying. you're alive.

════════ ××× ════════

12 YEARS LATER

"Ewwww, mum, dad! Stop kissing!" Two disgusted voices boomed throughout the house.

All that happened was Kaneki had wandered into the kitchen then planted a kiss onto your lips. The twins were sat at the table whilst munching on their lunch. However, the sight they witnessed made them want to spit it all out.

Your face turned red as Kaneki slowly pulled away, a smirk evident on his face. Then, he turned to his son's.

"Come on, you two. You've seen me and your mother kiss plenty of times."

Aki frowned and mumbled, "Yeah, but not when we're eating."

"Ugh, I think I'm gonna be sick." Gagged his brother from beside him.

Their reactions pulled a chuckle from you. They really knew how to brighten up your day.

"Oh, dad." Makoto called out.

His father looked at him. "Yes?"

"Didn't you say earlier that you and mum are going on a date today?"

"Yes, I did."

"Ewww, that's gross as well!" The twins proceeded to gag, acting overdramatic, as per usual.

"Oh, come on you two. Get used to it." You clicked your tounge, despite your wide smile displayed on your face.

The twins frowned at you, eyebrows knitted together before they proceeded to eat their lunch. Even though they were ghouls, they were able to eat human food which was very handy. Especially when at school. They seemed like normal humans to anyone else.

"Whilst you and mum are on your date, who will look after us, dad?" Questioned Aki as soon as he has finished eating. His brother was still stuffing his face next to him.

"How about uncle Hide?" Kaneki suggested, knowing the answer already. Hiseyoshi absolutely adored the twins and they adored him back.

Both boy's eyes lit up in happiness, shining in the light.

"Uncle Hide is going to look after us?" They gasped in unison.

Kaneki laughed then nodded his head. "Yes, boys. I've already arranged it."

"Yes!" Makoto and Aki squealed together, fond looks painting their faces.

"Well, me and your father are going to leave very soon. The two of you best get ready." You announced, clasping your hands together.

The brothers wasted no time in standing up from their chairs and whizzing upstairs to their bedrooms.

"Love." A melodic voice travelled through your ears.

"Yes, Ken?" Responded you in an instant.

The half ghoul stared at you, grey eyes boring into your own.

"Have you taken your tablets?" He questioned you, voice holding seriousness.

You thought for a moment before lightly shaking your head.

"No, I haven't. I will take them now. Thank you for reminding me."

Ever since the incident where you got injected by the CCG all those years ago, you had to take tablets in order to survive. If you forgot to take them one day, it would result in you turning extremely ill, then ending up dying slowly. Of course, no one wanted that. So, you took your tablets everyday.