23 » memories

mєmσríєs: whєrє thє mínd stσrєs αnd rєmєmвєrs ínfσrmαtíσn.

╚»★«╝
-

"Are you a ghoul...?"

You both stopped for a moment, Haise immediately sitting back as he realised how close he was to you, making you miss his closeness a little; not that you would admit it.

"Y-you go first." Haise chuckled, rubbing the nape of his neck in utter embarrassment.

Looking at him in the eyes with a serious look, you whispered, "I know most people already know, but please... I don't need anymore people to know. So don't tell anyone else. I'm trusting you... Haise."

Haise looked into your eyes with the equal amount of seriousness. He breathed in and promised, "I won't, Y/n. You have my word. I won't tell a single soul."

Smiling gratefully, you took a deep breath and whispered, "Yes, I am a ghoul... A natural born half ghoul."

Haise's eyes widened. But it wasn't because of shock, it was more like... Amazement?

"Wow. Really?" He asked, not quite believing it. But when he watched as you nodded, looking a bit upset, he took a deep breath and leaned closer to you, his mouth now lingering by your mouth as his warm breath continued to brush against your ear, making you shiver slightly.

"Well, I guess I am one too then."

His words left you wide-eyed. He was one too? There was more of you out there? Natural-born half ghouls were rare in Tokyo, so it shocked you that there was more of you out there. You finally didn't feel like an outsider.

"A natural born half ghoul...?" You had to clarify as he finally moved away from you, a cute smile plastered on his face, making you want to reach over and squish his soft cheeks.

Haise looked at the floor for a few brief moments, debating on what to tell you. The truth was, he didn't know. Was he? Was he not? He just woke up one day feeling as if he was another person. No memories of his past whatsoever. Only what happened to him then. That's it. It confused him to no end, however he just somehow got on with his life, acting as if it was nothing. But there was always this deep, mysterious voice playing in the back of his head saying: "accept me, Haise..." He had no clue what that meant, so he just ignored it. But as the days passed, it became more harder to ignore the familiar voice. It almost sounded like his own. Was that even possible?

"Haise?" Your voice pulled him out of his confusing, growing thoughts.

"Huh?" He muttered, still dazed as his sparkly grey eyes darted in your direction.

"Are you alright? You look confused..." You asked.

Haise looked down, his white and black bangs covering his eyes that you easily got lost in.

"I am." He admitted. He had no clue why he was opening up to you so quickly, but something at the back of his mind was telling him that he has met you before... That you were a big part of his life. That you were someone important to not only him, but everyone. That you were someone who helped him through all of his rough times. That you were his sunshine on rainy days. That you were someone worth dying for.

"What about?" You asked softly.

When cold and icy tears begun to roll gently down Haise's cheeks, from his now glassy eyes, you were confused. Why did he just start crying for no reason?

"H-haise...?" You whispered, unsure of what to do.

Your being really stupid right now, Y/n. What do you do if someone's upset? Comfort them!

And so, that's what you did.

You leaned over and carefully wrapped your arms around his quite broad figure, brining him down a bit.

Haise sniffed and stuffed his face into your neck, startling you a bit, but you soon relaxed. Your heart shattered slightly as you felt cold tears make your blouse damp.

Haise continued to cry into your chest like a little kid, but you didn't care. You didn't want to see him like this. You wanted to see him have that beautiful smile that never failed to grace his gorgeous and handsome features.

Your fingers tangled in his fluffy hair as you whispered soothing words into his ear, causing him to calm down to the point where he was only sniffling, trying to allow his breathing to get back to normal.

The two of you stayed like that for a while. Haise's head resting on your shoulder as your fingers gently tangled in his hair, occasionally playing with it, causing Haise to smile, however, you didn't notice.

It was then Haise lifted his head up, so you detached your fingers from his fluffy hair, already missing it being wrapped around your fingers.

"T-thank you, Y/n..." Haise whispered, his eyes now red and puffy from crying.

The sight of him made your heart ache a bit. "It's okay... I couldn't just leave you to cry, could I?"

Haise giggled a bit, making you smile.

"Anyway, what was that all about?" You asked softly, not wanting to force him into telling you.

Haise took a deep breath and begun to explain. You listened to every word. Every. Single. Little. Detail.

"Oh Y/n, where do I start? I can't explain, however, I will try for you. Please, whatever you do, do not go and tell other people. Please... I'm trusting you.

Anyway, there's this mysterious voice at the back of my head that sounds like my own voice. He keeps begging me day after day, almost as if his life depends on it to accept me... But what does that mean? Who is he? I don't know. I don't know anything...

I only remember one day, me waking up feeling like I was a different person. Is that even possible? I remember absolutely nothing about my past- did I have one? Who knows? Certainly not me...

I don't remember anything, Y/n. And there's this constant stinging in both of my eyes. It feels as if they are being... How should I put it? Stabbed out? It hurts. It's painful. Also, my fingers and toes feel like they are being ripped off one by one whenever the person calls my name...

I hate it, Y/n. I hate it. Hate it, hate it, hate it! Please... Save me... Save me from this growing nightmare. Please...!"

"K-Kaneki...?"

-those were the only words that rolled off of your tounge as if it had always been there, just begging to escape your mouth.

-

did you enjoy?

~Ken_Kaneki4.