45 » the truth unfolded

hi, im back with another chapter :)
-

The black haired boy held his sharp, tall quinque in one hand whilst he dug in his cloak pocket for his well-known daggers. He was able to kill anyone and anything with those daggers.

He smirked as soon as his fingers grazed over the handle of one. In an instant, he whipped it out and into view, the metal glimmering in the natural sunlight.

"Tell me, Y/n," He begun, "Do you want to play a game?"

A sly smile creeped up onto your lips at the offer. Licking your lips, you stared at the deadly dagger in Juuzou's hand.

"It depends: what sort of game?"

The smaller cackled. "A deadly game."

"Count me in." Was your final answer, a smirk dancing it's way onto your lips.

"Hm, are you going to show me what you can do? Are you going to use your kagune? Or will I just have to cut it off since it would be of no use?" Juuzou wondered, tapping his chin with the tip of the knife, the sharp point denting the skin of his chin slightly.

"You won't have the time to cut it off since you will already be dead." You replied confidently, earning an amused smile from him.

"Oh, is that so?" He asked you, eyebrow raised.

"Yes." You confirmed.

Juuzou sighed. "Well then, (ghouls name)... Let's play."

That name rang through your ears for a couple of seconds. It had been years since anyone had referred to you by your ghouls name, and it came as quite a shock when Juuzou did just now.

"I'm looking forward to playing, Suzuya." Was your reply after slowly snapping out of your overflowing thoughts.

The boy took no time at all to lunge at you, dagger straight out in front of him as he aimed it at you perfectly. You being skilled, moved to the side and dodged his attack. Of course, he knew you were better than that, he knew how easy it was for ghouls such as yourself to dodge feeble attacks like that.

He stopped on his feet then swiveled around to face you. Only to find... You weren't there? Gasping, his red eyes darted swiftly around the small coffee shop. He saw that his squad was fighting off the rest of the ghouls, but there was no sign of you.

So, where were you?

It wasn't exactly your plan, but you were currently hanging from the ceiling, feet glued to the roof as you surveyed the confused boy below you. A smirk formed at your lips as he had no idea where you were. You had teleported.

"Up here." You announced, loud enough so he could hear you since the clinks and clanks of quinques as well as angry yelling filled the coffee shop.

Juuzou snapped his head up and looked at you with wide eyes.

"How did you-" He begun, but quickly remembered that you were a rare ghoul that did indeed have the ability to teleport. He scowled to himself, watching as you jumped down to the floor with a thud.

"Juuzou, why do you want to all of a sudden kill me? I still work for the CCG. Me and you were friends." You explained.

The said boy looked into your eyes, dragging the sharp dagger along his red lips before bringing it back down to his side.

"Were. We were friends, Y/n." He scoffed.

"What do you mean? Did I do something wrong?"

"Well... I know you well. I know that you can't stay as a CCG investigator forever since you're a ghoul. Plus, you used to work here, at this coffee shop if I remember correctly. I knew that you were going to leave sooner or later. After finding eyepatch, I heard. Does that ring any bells, hmm? You were going to leave straight after finding eyepatch, weren't you?"