9 » insanity

ínsαnítч: thє prσcєss σf dσíng sσmєthíng σvєr αnd σvєr αgαín, вut єхpєctíng α díffєrєnt σutcσmє.

╚»★«╝

-

Soon enough, everyone, including you, were circled around the dangerous and animalistic ghoul that was currently laughing maniacally.

Your heart clenched at the sight of seeing your husband like this. It almost looked like he didn't care about anything, and that hunger and insanity consumed him.

But... How and why was he like this?

You were going to catch him, take him to cochlea and find out for yourself. You were the one that was going to have full custody over this ghoul.

Out of curiosity, your e/c orbs wandered down to his left hand, and was surprised when you saw his wedding ring still on there.

Tears welled up in your eyes as you thought, maybe he does remember? Maybe he does care?

"Eyepatch!" Amon yelled, causing you to flinch slightly.

Across from you, you could see that Urie had ahold of Saiko, as she was quivering with fear.

"U-urie..." She whimpered, clutching tightly onto Urie's sleeve.

He looked down worriedly at the girl and carefully signalled for Tooru to come over.

Tooru quickly looked at Kaneki before taking a deep breath and walking next to Urie.

"You and Saiko stay in the car." He demanded, an expression on his face that meant you do not argue back with him.

Tooru looked uncertain at first, but just nodded, grabbed Saiko's wrist and rushed into the car with her, making sure to slam the doors shut and lock them.

"WhAt's a ThOuSaNd mInUs SeVeN!?" Kaneki yelled, cracking his index finger as he turned to you all with a smirk.

Shinohara looked at Kaneki with an unsure look.

"I didn't think I'd be fighting you again..." He mumbled.

"Hahahaha! C-centipiedes in... My ears!" Kaneki screamed, laughing phycoticly after.

With narrow eyes, you took a deep breath to try and stop your racing heart that was now hurting your chest and took one step forward, quinque out in front of you, your eyes never daring to leave the man you once called your husband.

Kaneki's head immediately snapped towards you, an evil grin spread on his face.

"Investigator L/n, what are you doing?" Amon hissed from behind you.

Not replying, you just closed your eyes and opened them again as you took another step forward.

Kaneki shrieked a little bit as he eyed your movements, confused as to why you were stepping closer to an animal like himself.

"Kaneki..." You whispered, only so he could hear.

With wide, scared eyes, he looked at you with an uncertain look before slowly moving closer to you, his now kakuja scraping along the floor behind him.