48 » not all happy [ part 1 ]

Kaneki and the rest of the staff had left the coffee shop, leaving behind the grieving and horrified CCG investigators. They were too shocked to even make a move on eradicating the ghouls. So, the ghouls slipped out of the coffee shop without being noticed.

Kaneki had you on his shoulders since you were still unconscious. What worried him was that your breathing was slowing down, and quickly.

No one said anything as they walked down the pitch black streets of Tokyo that spread out for what seemed to be miles. No words needed to be exchanged after all. All anyone was concerned about was getting you to safety as well as get into hiding.

The ghouls needed to get into hiding, and fast. They weren't stupid. They knew that after Kaneki killed one of the most skilled and talented investigators, they would come looking for them and eradicate every single one of them with no mercy.

It was Irimi that chose to speak up, voice coming across rather soft and delicate. "Where are we going to hide...?"

Silence surrounded the ghouls for a few seconds, everyone thinking about what to say.

"Well, I know one thing's for sure," Nishiki begun, "We have to stick together, and we can't stay at our individual houses since the CCG are likely to check there for us."

Koma nodded his head in agreement. "Yeah, Nishio's right. We just need to find a good hiding spot, help Y/n, and stick together."

"Nishiki... What are you going to do about Kimi?" Questioned Touka, eyes darting towards the male who was walking by her side.

Nishiki's eyes dropped then dimmed slightly at the mention of his beloved wife. He couldn't put her in any danger.

"I'll have to stay away from her. There's no way I'm putting her in danger. Not a fuc**** chance." He replied, voice coming out as a deep growl as his hazel eyes narrowed into sharp blades.

The ghouls continued walking for a little bit longer until a small gasp escaped Touka's lips, echoing and bouncing off of the walls around them.

"What is it, Touka?" Irimi said, eyes softening.

"We need to get Aki and Makoto." She announced.

This time, Kaneki decided to pipe up, "No, we can't get them. We need to leave them with Hinami. She's at Yomo's, correct?"

Touka furrowed her eyebrows together before slowly nodding her head as a response.

"Good. Surely he can take care of the twins since he's had past experiences with you and Ayato. We can't collect them since they would also be in danger. I don't want that for them, and I'm sure Y/n wouldn't want that for them either." The black haired male explained, turning a corner.

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰
time skip...

After about half an hour of walking around the desolate and lonely streets of Tokyo, the ghouls finally found somewhere to hide: it was an abandoned building. However, it had enough. It had a roof and tinted windows; perfect. That was all they needed for the meantime.

The building had a ripped sofa, a broken table, and the roof was dripping wet, causing the droplets of water to splatter onto the floor. Still, it was better than nothing.

Kaneki was quick to place you on the ripped sofa, making sure to be careful as he did so. He sighed softly to himself then reached up to your face, caressing your cheek before brushing a few strands of h/c hair out of your face.