4 » seeing you again

Everything fell silent. Including you. You hardly even knew if you were breathing. All you could hear was painful ringing in your ears and muffled voices probably coming from Juuzou.

Your mind was spinning, and you felt yourself about to collapse onto the floor.

That was, until a pair of small arms wrapped their way around your waist to catch you as you fell forward.

Slightly confused, you looked at your saviour with half lidded eyes.

"Y/n! Are you okay? What's wrong!?" Juuzou asked, setting you down on the floor as you breathed heavily and rested your head on the wall. Honestly, you had no clue what it was, but whenever you were greeted with very bad news, your body just couldn't take it.

It took a while for you to respond, but you managed a faint whisper, "H-how... Did you... Find out?"

Juuzou groaned and sat next to you, looking at you from the side. "We get told everything about ghouls, Y/n, and you know that... Especially ones that are ranked like eyepatch..."

After recovering, your eyes trailed off to Juuzou. "Why?"

"Why what?" Juuzou asked, moving closer to you.

"Why would he do this...?" You whispered, your heart aching slightly.

"I don't know..." Juuzou muttered.

"Well I'm going to find out. It's my job too." You said suddenly, standing up as you used the wall for support.

As soon as he saw you getting up, your black haired friend grabbed onto your arm in order to pull himself up, then move so he was stood in front of you.

He looked up at you with wide eyes and shook his head, "No, Y/n. You can't just go off on a case by yourself... Besides, we get assigned with cases! And... Most CCG investigators are doing that case at the moment..."

"I don't care. He's still... My husband. I need to find him." You stated.

Juuzou scoffed, "Is that all you care about? Having a happy family? Running off with the man you love only to act like everything is going to be okay? To have a happy life? Wake up, Y/n!"

With wide eyes and a mouth slightly agape, you replied, "That's not what I was getting at... I didn't mean it like that, and you know that I didn't-"

"Oh please," He cut you off, "Your so selfish. Leaving only to come back again. You have no idea how much the CCG fell apart because of you."

Rolling your eyes, you answered, "Hmm, seems pretty fine to me."

"Your oblivious."

"And your just jealous!" You yelled, unable to contain your anger, "Just because I'm going to finally have a happy-" It was then you realized the harsh words that were flying out of your mouth. Gasping, your hands flew to your mouth in an instant.

Juuzou looked up at you, almost as if waiting for you to finish, "A happy what, Y/n? Say it."

That was it. You couldn't take it anymore. Guilt filled you to no end.

"I-" Unable to form a sentence, you just chocked on a sob and rushed down the corridor, again, leaving Juuzou behind.

You were guilty for everything. Thinking it was all your fault.

I'm an idiot, I hate myself, I should just die... Those phrases ran around in your head, and only grew louder and stronger everytime your foot harshly landed on the ground below you. Yes, you were running. Running for you life. Who knows the reason? Who knows where you were going?