26 » all lies

[Haise's POV]

Instead of my nightmare coming back, it vanished in my head as soon as I felt someone shake my shoulders quite harshly whilst repeating my name over and over again.

"Y-y/n, stop..." I stuttered only to see her in front of me with clear tears rushing down her cheeks.

"Haise..." She whispered, looking relieved that I managed to speak to her.

"Y/n." I said and looked into her e/c eyes that were red and puffy from crying. "Why were you crying?"

She looked pained and slowly let her hands slip away from my shoulders. "You... Weren't answering me and your face went pale. Then your eyes became emotionless."

I could only nod at her.

"Don't you have anything to say?" She asked, sounding surprised.

"Well, what do you want me to say?" I responded.

"I don't know. Maybe an explanation would be helpful." Y/n said sarcastically as she crossed her arms over her chest and glared at me, waiting for an explanation that I would have to provide for her. I suppose she deserves to know what happened.

"It was him." I said coldly, surprised at my own tone of voice. Where I got that confidence from I will never know.

"Who?" Y/n asked me softly.

I sighed, "You know who."

"Kaneki?" She whispered his name as if she didn't even need to think about it. As if she had said the name so many times already in the past. As if it was the only thing that kept her alive somehow.

"Yes, him." I answered.

"What did he do?" She asked.

"..." I didn't know what to say to her. Should I make up a lie or try my best to tell her the truth.

It was then I felt her hand land lightly on my knee. "Haise, I'm here for you. You can tell me anything you want if you wish too."

I smiled at her and she smiled back, taking her hand away from my knee.

"He came to me again. But it was different this time..." My voice trailed off as I was unsure of what to say.

Y/n decided to help me, "Different? In what way?"

I moved my gaze so that I was staring into her eyes. "He showed me things. I didn't know if they were memories or... The past."

She only nodded, listening to what I had to say.

"He showed me memories of him- or us...? He claims that he is me, but I'm still not sure yet. I don't know who to believe anymore." I explained further, looking at Y/n the whole time.

"There was this boy, chained up to a chair; pools of his own blood around his feet as he screamed out in desperation, stamping on the floor. With only his cold and lonely tears to keep him company." I said with a sigh, the memory of him making my heart sting.

Y/n looked like she had seen a ghost. Her eyes were now wide, her face was pale and her mouth was slightly open. I doubted she was even breathing.

"Y/n?" I called out her name worriedly. I shook her shoulder when she didn't respond to me.

"Y/n." I said firmly, my heart beating fast in my chest.

She still didn't answer. She still had the same expression on her face.

I cursed under my breath and immediately checked her pulse to see if she was breathing. To my relief, she was, but slowly.

I needed to act fast.

Or so I thought.

When I heard a gasp for breath I immediately looked down to see Y/n clutching her chest whilst taking deep breaths.

"Y/n! Are you okay?" I asked her, holding her by her shoulders to steady her.

It took her a few moments to reply, because she was still trying to compose herself, but I didn't mind waiting. As long as she was okay.

"Haise..." She whispered, finally looking up at me.

Without thinking about it, I leaned forward and wrapped my arms around her, pulling her closer to me.

She stiffened up a bit, but soon exhaled and relaxed in my warm embrace. She leaned her head on my chest and closed her eyes as I stroked her beautiful, h/c hair gently to soothe her. For some reason, I felt like I had done this to someone before. Whenever they were feeling upset I would do this.

After her breathing was back to normal, I looked down to see that Y/n had fallen asleep in my arms.

How can someone look so cute- oh shut up Haise. I thought to myself as my face heated up.

Chuckling quietly to myself, I shook my head and gently pushed her away from me, only to slowly and carefully pick her up in a bridal style and carry her to my room where I thought she might want to rest. The others rooms were probably messy (Saiko's more than Tooru's and Urie's.)

As I carefully carried her up the stairs I couldn't help but to smile to myself and look at her face. She was truly the most beautiful woman I had ever layed my eyes on.

Once up the set of stairs, I swiveled around to go to the direction of my bedroom.

Once there, I was so thankful I didn't shut the door properly.

Sticking out my leg, I quietly pushed open the door with it and walked in with Y/n, squinting in order to see because my room was dark (I was stupid and didn't open the blinds.)

I leaned down and gently placed Y/n on my bed, making sure she was comfortable before my eyes traveled to her sleeping face.

I reached down and tucked some hair behind her ear, then examined her for a while.

And then he came back. A memory. The past. I wasn't sure what to call it. But he was there, as usual with that sly smirk on his face, waiting for me.

"Hello, Kaneki." I spoke.

"Haise..." He whispered.

"What do you want?" I asked.

What he said next made my heart sting slightly.

"That woman that's on your bed. The one you claim is the most beautiful woman you have ever set your eyes on, correct? I feel the same way. I always have, and I always will. Even in a field filled with beautiful and stunning flowers, she will be the only one that stands out to me. The only person that matters is her. She's my love and my life. Technically I am unfortunately not there with her, but you are. Show her how much i- we love her. I would give up anything just to hold her for even a minute. To tell her how much I miss her. To tell her how much I love her. To tell her I will never leave her again...

But would they all be classed as lies?"

-
sorry for the delay,
i have been busy.

anyway, i hope you enjoyed this
chapter.

~Ken_Kaneki4.