35 » did you mean it?

Furuta just smirked and took a step away from you as you tried to compose yourself, hair covering your angry eyes, fists clenched on the sheets that you were imagining to be his throat. You looked as if you were about to explode.

It didn't help that absolutely everyone's attention was on you and only you. They were confused and shocked, but as soon as they saw Furuta next to you, at the side of the bed, they immediately frowned. Well, except for one person. That one person being a very special investigator that used to have a big place in your heart. But now? Now he broke the trust and friendship you two had- and it couldn't ever be mended. He did something unforgivable, knowing the negative impact it would have on you.

"Me and... Furuta will leave now." The said Investigator mumbled, hanging his head down low as he walked closer to you, making you glare at him as he walked to the side of the bed where Furuta was. He mouthed an 'I’m sorry' to which you just shrugged.

Amon grabbed onto Furuta’s arm and pulled him along with him, not sparing anyone another glance as he desperately tried to get to the door, wanting to leave. He already knew he had failed as an investigator and frowned upon by most of the people in the CCG for his cruel intentions and actions. Furuta was as well since he was the reason Amon did what he did.

"Let me go." Furuta hissed.

"We need to leave. Right now." Amon states sharply, glaring at Furuta before letting go of his arm only to storm out of the room, shocking you and everyone.

Furuta laughed and turned back around to face you, "Don't think I won't be back, dear L/n~" and with that, he left as well.

Silence lingered in the hospital room for a few seconds, the air becoming awkward and tense.

That was until Akira decided to save the day by clearing her throat and asking, "Anyway... Are you okay Y/n?"

Shifting your gaze from the bed to her eyes, you simply nodded your head.

"We really need to consider firing them." Urie grumbled with a glare.

"I have been thinking about it..." Akira muttered, putting her head back as a small sigh left her lips.

Again, silence fell across the room.

"Well... Thank you all for coming, you didn't have too." You said with a smile.

Everyone smiled back at you (even Urie), and nodded their heads.

"When can we see the child?" Tooru spoke up, curiosity taking over her all of a sudden.

"Well, I'm not sure..." Was all you mumbled.

It was then Haise begun to talk, "Would you like me to ask the nurse if she can arrange for you all to see them?"

They all looked at you for permission and you laughed and nodded your head, making them all grin.

"Come with me then. Let's leave Y/n alone." Haise announced, allowing everyone to walk out of the door before he turned to face you.

The two of you looked at each other for a few moments before Haise looked outside the door and told everyone to wait for him whilst he does something. Raising an eyebrow, you watched as he sighed and walked over to you, taking a seat on the chair that was beside the bed you were in.

"Are you alright?" He asked you in a hushed tone, making you shiver.

His hands instinctively reached out towards yours and grabbed them, enveloping them in his warm hands. Smiling at him, you sighed as he carefully rubbed circles on your hands with his thumbs.

"What did he say to you?" Haise asked you, his stare now sharp and angry, making you gulp. You hadn't really seen him like this before.

"He was just being an idiot, that's all..." You replied, a huff following shortly after.

"Did he dare to touch you anywhere?" The white and black haired male beside you asked, his grey eyes now searching for yours.

"He didn't..." You mumbled.

Haise sighed in relief and nodded. "Good. Only I'm supposed to do that to you." However, before you could question why he was all of a sudden being possessive over you, Haise gently lifted your hand up and placed it near his mouth, never breaking eye contact with you as he planted soft kisses on each one of your knuckles, making you blush.

"M’lady..." He whispered, which made your face heat up even more, "If anyone touches you beside me... Come and tell me." He was now inches away from your face, his hot breath tickling your lips and the rest of your face.

"Haise..." Was all you could whisper, for you couldn't muster up a sentence.

It was then it occured to you that the investigators must still be waiting for him outside. "Uhm... Aren't they still waiting for you?"

Haise tilted his head and hummed, thinking before finally understanding what you were saying. He chuckled and paced both of your hands down on the bed and shook his head, which made you confused.

"No, princess, the nurse spotted them and asked if they wanted to go with her to see the twins." He replied with a smirk. The nickname caught you off guard and made your face heat up once again. You didn't know what was with him this morning, but he was certainly acting different.

It was then your mind flashed back to what he had told you a few days ago.

"I love you..."

Haise stared at you and he could tell that you desperately wanted to ask him something, so he leaned into your ear and lowly whispered, "What is it you want to tell me, princess? What's on your mind?"

With a face as red as a tomato, you huffed and pouted, making him chuckle and sit back in his seat.

"Well... I wanted to ask you something." You muttered, now looking anywhere but his addictive gaze. However, that didn't last long because Haise hummed and leaned forward, placing his hand under your chin as he turned your face so you could see him. Once was satisfied that you were looking into his eyes, he smiled at you.

"Ask me anything, Y/n."

That was all it took for you to inhale sharply and ask,

“When you said that you loved me... Did you really mean it?”

-
ooooo~
i’m getting flashbacks from the first book hmmm 👀

anyways, i hope you enjoyed this chapter.

see you in the next one.

don't forget to vote and comment if you wish too!

~Ken_Kaneki4.