15 » hello

hєllσ: usєd αs α grєєtíng.

╚»★«╝

-

After arriving at home, you sighed in relief and kicked off your shoes whilst slipping your CCG coat off of you, smiling as the weight came off of your shoulders.

After hanging it up, you wandered into your kitchen, slipping your phone out of your pocket before placing it on the table.

Your eyes then wandered to your kettle, and that's when you decided to make some coffee. After all, you have had a long day of work, and you think you deserved to relax.

╚»★«╝

After making coffee and changing into some comftorble clothes, you sighed happily and sat down on your sofa, sinking into it as warm pillows practically hugged you.

You reached for your TV remote and switched on the TV, seeing that it was already on the news.

Something about the CCG was on there, so you placed the remote down and didn't change the channel.

All it was saying was that eyepatch had been successfully caught by you, but something was wrong.

After hearing the last bit, you immediately turned the volume up, intrigued as to what was going to be said next.

It said that eyepatch had been screaming, crying and begging for help. To escape.

Your heart shattered into millions of pieces all over again after hearing that.

Reaching for your remote, you sighed sadly and turned off your TV, brining your cup up to your lips to take a sip of your coffee.

╚»★«╝

You trudged to your bedroom, your feet dragging behind you.

Since that news came up, you didn't feel so good.

Once in your room, you looked around and tries to find your bed because it was dark, and you just couldn't be bothered to turn on your lights that were on the other side of the room to where you were.

After finally finding it, you basically dived into your bed and suffocated under the soft blankets that were now piled on top of you.

After wiggling out, you gulped and closed your eyes, attempting to fall asleep in order to quickly get the night done.

|9:10am ~ morning|

After your alarm went off, you groaned and slammed it harshly, making it fall to the floor.

Yawning, you sat up and rubbed your eyes, stretching your limbs in the process.

"Another day at work..." You grumbled, hopping out of bed to take a quick shower.

-

Finally, you were ready for work.

Locking your door, you made sure you had everything you needed before making your way to the CCG headquarters, preparing yourself for another day of heartache.

Upon arriving, you pushed open the huge doors only to be met with screaming investigators rushing over to you, making your eyes go wide and you step back.

About twenty of them bustled in front of you, trying to talk to you first. You knew it was wrong to be feeling what you were feeling in this current situation, but you couldn't help but to feel famous.

"I-investigator L/n!" Someone yelled.

"Are you her!?"

"We need you, now!"

You shoved your hands out in front of you calmly and inhaled deeply before asking, "What on earth is going on here? And yes, I am investigatior L/n."

They all sighed in relief, making you raise an eyebrow.

"It's eyepatch!" One of them yelled, making you turn your full attention onto them and only them.

"Did you just say... Eyepatch?" You asked, slightly dumbfounded.

"Yes, I did. He keeps... Calling for you. Why is that? Did you have a history with him before hand? I see those rings on your finger. Are you two married to eachother!?" She bombarded you with unnecessary questions.

Glaring at her, you attempted to shove past the screaming mob of people that continued asking you questions whilst trying to look at you.

"I uhm... I need to go!" You yelled before finally escaping all of the people.

They all gasped and turned around, trying to chase after you but you had already gone.

Everyone was confused at how you had supposedly run really fast to get away. But did you really run? No, of course not. You teleported. And where to? The cells, cochlea.

Once there, you sighed in relief and scanned the cells with your eyes, finally landing on cell 104.

I need to see him... You thought, taking a deep breath before walking over to his cell.

Once there, you did a code on the side of the door so that it would give you access.

As the doors finally slid open, you peeked through the dark and damp cell before slipping inside quietly.

"Kaneki...?" You whispered, your eyes darting around the place.

It was then you heard some odd sniffling coming from the bed.

Raising an eyebrow, you wandered over there, gently shaking the figure that was burried underneath the blanket that had been provided.

"Kaneki, it's me." You whispered, only to get a sob.

Sighing, your fingers grabbed at the sheets as you harshly pulled them off, slightly shocked to see Kaneki curled up in a ball, knees to his chest as he cried into them.

It was then you noticed a... Bandage around his eyes.

Reaching out to him, you grabbed onto his shoulders and turned him on his back so that you could see him.

And the sight you saw will never be able to leave your head...

Kaneki had a bandage around his eyes, but it was stained with dry, crimson blood. Just by smelling it you could tell that it was from Kaneki.

"Kaneki... What happened to you?" You whispered.

When Kaneki didn't respond, you reached for his bandage and pulled it off, gasping at the sight presented before you.

"K-kaneki!?"