13 » trapped

trapped: hαvє (sσmєthíng, tчpícαllч α pαrt σf thє вσdч) hєld tíghtlч вч sσmєthíng sσ thαt ít cαnnσt вє frєєd.

╚»★«╝
manga spoilers: chapter picture.
⚠️

-

"Investigator L/n...?"

After hearing that very familiar voice, you gasped and turned around only to see a shocked blonde haired female stood there.

"What... What's going on? Why is..." Her pink eyes went wide as she glanced at Kaneki, who was looking at her in confusion.

"Why is eyepatch here!? Why's isn't he in cochlea!?" She yelled, obviously shocked, and you didn't blame her one bit.

"I-investigator Mado, please... I was just... About to escort him there." You stuttered, hanging your head low in shame.

Akira looked down at you and shook her head, disappointment visible in her eyes. "Then why were you crying?"

Moving your head up to look at her, you opened your mouth to say something, anything but nothing would come out. It seemed as if the words you wanted to say were just at the edge of your tounge, unable to just roll off.

"When I ask you a question, I expect an answer." Akira said firmly, now folding her arms over her chest as her stare burned holes into your skin.

Still unable to respond, you sighed sadly and shook your head.

"She was crying because she was sad, believe it or not." Kaneki muttered sarcastically from behind you, making you gulp. Akira hated being talked to like she meant nothing.

"I didn't ask for you to interrupt, did I?" Akira hissed, glaring at Kaneki.

Kaneki just rolled his eyes.

"I will take eyepatch to cochlea now..." You whispered, wanting to change the subject.

Akira looked unsure, but soon nodded and turned around to walk away.

Once out of sight, a sigh of relief escaped your lips as you turned around to face Kaneki.

"Are you really going too...?" He whispered, fear washing over him.

Nodding sadly, you walked over to him and grabbed harshly onto his arm, dragging him towards the cells.

-

Once down, you and Kaneki cautiously walked through the cells, both of you gulping as you heard groans and cries coming from most of the cell's.

Kaneki was shaking in your grasp as you neared the cell that he would be in.

"Y-y/n- Chan... Please... Don't do this... I'm scared... I don't want to be alone... What will happen to me? I don't want to die... Not now." Kaneki stuttered, the odd tears trailing down his cheeks as he looked down at you with a pale face and pleading eyes.

This just made your heart clench in your chest.

"Kaneki... I'm sorry, I have to do this..." You muttered. Of course you didn't want too, and seeing him like this made you immediately regret your decisions from earlier.

Glancing down at your left hand, a lump formed in your throat as you saw that there were no rings there.

Kaneki noticed and whispered, "Why... Why did you do it?"