39 » i trust you

"So... Are you going to go back to Haise now?" Touka asked you.

"Hmm... Let me just tell him what I'm about to do." You informed with a smile.

"And what are you about to do?" Touka asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Didn't you say that everyone else was already here? I'd like to see them." Was your reply as you smiled.

"They are here. I'm sure they would love to see you." Touka grinned at you.

"Do you mind if I quickly tell Haise?" You asked.

Touka only nodded and said, "I'll wait behind the counter."

Nodding, you turned around and opened the door to walk out of the staff room and back to where your table was.

Once at the table, Haise noticed your presence and smiled at you despite confusion lingering in his grey eyes.

"Y/n." He greeted.

"Haise." You replied, smiling down at him.

"Where did you go?" He asked.

"I just went to the staff room to talk to... The waitress. I used to work here, you know?" You answered. And you used to work here too...

"You used to work here?" He asked you in wonder.

"Yes, I did and so did-" You gasped and clamped your hands over your mouth before you could finish your sentence.

"So did...?" Haise edged.

"Uhm... No-one..." You whispered, now looking down at the table.

Haise just sighed at you, leaning back in his chair.

"Are you coming back to sit down? Would you like to order?" Haise questioned.

"I still need to... Discuss other things with... Her." You answered after chuckling nervously.

However, Haise wasn't buying it. After all, it was so obvious you were lying.

"Y/n." He said sternly, causing you to gulp and look into his captivating eyes, "Stop lying to me. Can't you trust me?"

"Oh no, Haise. It's not like that and you know that: of course I can trust you. It's just... Hard to explain. If I explain it to you, you will be confused and it won't make any sense." You explained, stepping closer to him in order to ruffle his fluffy, oreo-like hair.

The investigator just smiled at you and closed his eyes, relaxing in your touch.

"You do believe me, right?" You whispered.

He opened his eyes so he could look into your eyes. "Of course I do, princess."

You could only blush as you detached your fingers from his soft hair.

"So do you mind if I...?" You trailed off.

He just shook his head. "No, I don't mind. I'll wait."

"Thank you so much, Haise-Kun~ I'm really sorry if this isn't what you wanted to bring me here for." You said.

Haise just looked at you and smiled, his smile made you fall in love with him all over again.

"Y/n-Chan, it's fine. I understand that you have people you haven't seen in a long time, and I would never take seeing them away from you. Now go and see them. I'll wait here."

"Thank you so much." You said and stepped closer to him.

He watched as you leaned down and pressed a soft kiss onto his forehead, making him blush and laugh lightly.

"I love you." You said.

"I love you too, my princess." Haise whispered.

"And I love both of you." You chuckled as you wandered over to your children, kissing their foreheads lightly before flashing a quick smile at Haise to which he returned the favour.

"I'll see you soon." You said.

"Yeah, see you soon." Haise responded.

With one last look at eachother Haise begun ordering coffee and you begin walking over to the counter where Touka said she would wait for you.

-
yeah, i know,
it's a short chapter.

i was going to write more,
however i am busy right now.

the next chapter should hopefully
be longer and impact the story a bit more. this chapter was just a small filler.

anyways, i hope you enjoyed.

[UN-EDITED]