29 » past

"How?" Kaneki asked in confusion.

"If me and you... Become the same person... You will be able to see Y/n again." Haise spoke.

Kaneki looked worried as he looked at Haise, moving so that he was in front of the half ghoul.

"Haise... You do realize how risky that is... Yes?" Kaneki asked, biting his bottom lip.

Haise nodded. "I do, Kaneki... But it's for the best. She desperately misses you... Not me. It's you. It's you who she loves. Not me. It's you who is her husband. Not me. So please, Kaneki. I... I..."

Kaneki patiently waited for Haise to talk again.

"I do accept you." Haise breathed out, gulping after.

Kaneki was left looking at Haise with wide eyes and a mouth agape.

"H-haise, are you sure? You accept me? All this time you have been denying this... Why now?" Kaneki asked in a whisper, catching Haise off guard. Kaneki was usually so dominant and intimidating, so hearing him talk in a quiet whisper made Haise realise how scared Kaneki came across.

"Because I know how much you want to see Y/n..." Haise responded, looking into the ghouls grey eyes.

"I do... So much. But are you sure you want to do this? You will be risking absolutely everything: your career, your life... Loosing people and so much more. Are you sure that you are ready for us to become well... Me again? Isn't it a bit early?" Kaneki asked, now taking a step away from his future self.

Haise stepped forward and thought for a moment or two, thinking his decision through before confirming it.

"Well... Yes, I do agree with you. It may still be a bit to early but... How else are you going to see her?"

"I... I don't know. I... You can."

"But I am..."

"Haise please, I won't go through the process of becoming one of you aren't ready... I can wait and watch from afar." Kaneki muttered, sadness and emptiness flashing through his eyes as his voice broke after. Haise noticed a lone tear slipping down Kaneki's cheek.

"Kaneki, I am ready. If it's what you want." Haise exclaimed.

Kaneki sighed and shook his head, his white bangs now covering his eyes, "No, it's not what I want... Not yet anyway."

Haise nodded in understanding.

Kaneki chuckled, "Y/n must be wondering where you are. You should go back to her."

Haise frowned as he watched a few more tears fall down Kaneki's face in a matter of seconds.

"Kaneki-"

"No, Haise. It's time for you to go back." Kaneki said firmly, and with that, there was a flash of white, making Haise saying as his eyes slowly adjusted to it.

----

Haise gasped as reality suddenly hit him. He found himself in his room again, frantically looking around for you.

You, on the other hand, were just sat on his bed, patiently waiting for him to awake from his nightmare that had come to visit him once again.

"Haise!?" You gasped, eyes now wide.

"Y-y/n..." Haise stuttered, sighing in relief.

"What happened? You blanked out again, I thought you died or something!" You yelled, hitting Haise on the chest.

He just looked down at you sadly and all he could remember was how sad Kaneki looked when he talked about you.

"Why do you keep doing this? What happens?" You asked, now breathing heavily as you had already taken all your anger out on him by hitting his chest multiple times.

"Kaneki comes to see me." He replies, his voice had no emotion in it whatsoever, almost as if it was so common, he was used to it.

You said nothing, you just lowered your head more so that you hair would cover over your eyes. You were trying your best to hold in your tears that stung.

"Y/n?" Haise called out, reaching to move your hair out of your face; however, you shuffled back, not wanting him to see you in the state that you were about to be in.

"You saw... Kaneki?" You whispered.

"I did." Haise responded with a small nod.

"What did he say to you...?" You asked, intrigued to hear what he said.

"He misses you." The half ghoul responded sadly.

When you looked up, your eyes widened suddenly as soon as you saw Haise's black roots covering more over his white ones.

What just happened to his hair? You thought, shaking your head to get your thoughts away. Maybe your eyes were just playing tricks on you.

"He misses me?" You asked, your heart now beating fast as a lump formed in your throat. You missed him too. You have for ages. That's why you never gave up thinking about him or searching for him.

"Oh he does, Y/n. More than you could ever imagine. I know it may be confusing and i understand, I really do, because I too, am confused. All I know is that he is my past self who would give up anything to see you again." Haise exclaimed, his grey eyes now searching for your eyes.

You gazed into his eyes as tears blurred your vision.

Before you knew it, you were crying into your hands, the reality of the situation slowly sinking in. Haise was hurting. Kaneki was hurting. Even you were hurting. This isn't what anyone wanted at all. It wasn't supposed to turn out like this.

I should of just let Kaneki get on with his life. I shouldn't of been so selfish and wanted him all to myself. You thought, memories of when you worked in Anteiku flooding in your mind, making you cry harder. You realised that you really were being selfish by leaving everyone (your friends) to go on a hunt for your loved one. You were selfish and didn't take into account how anyone else would be feeling.

It had been years since you've seen your friends. What were they doing now? Had they moved on in life? Had they forgotten about you and Kaneki, where the two of you just a distant memory that they didn't wish to think about again?

It was then the memories with everyone came back to you, filling up in your head, one after the other. It was too much to be handled, however, you knew that they weren't going to go away without you saying hello anytime soon...

-
sorry about the
small delay.

i hope you enjoyed this
chapter and it didn't
bore you.

thank you~

~Ken_Kaneki4.