Coming home.

I wrote this when I was young and it's not the best work. It's not very accurate but it's just how I wanted Peeta and Katniss' love story to play out. I hope you like it regardless!

Peeta's pov:
She was so complicated and quiet, but I loved her. I really did. But I never knew how she felt about me and I still don't know. We were there for each other, but without one you can't have two and without Katniss I can't have anything happy.

I was 6:00am when I woke up from the bright sun shining through my thin curtains. I saw that the sun had a certain intensity about it this morning that made it even more gorgeous. I knew I wouldn't be able to get back to sleep so I hopped out of bed, got changed and went to watch the rest of the sun rise in the meadow. I was hoping Katniss might be there already but I couldn't hope too much. The meadow had myriads of spasms of reds, yellows and creams. There were green, fresh and thick trees either side of me that ran parallel to the meadow.

Unexpectedly, my pupils caught the image of something I knew held more power than pure diamonds; primroses. They were scattered and grew in separate places almost as if they knew it would be enough space for me to bend onto my aching knees to dig them up.
Slightly scared and unaware of what Katniss might think to this notion of me being kind, I concluded to take them home with me.

It was 7:00am when I arrived home and decided to get ready for another boring, but relaxing day. I did the usual steps to get ready in a morning like anyone in District 12 did.

8:00am. I made my way out the half-opened door, leaving it hanging on the latch, and carried my soil, primroses and tools to the centre of the victors village. As I essentially planted peace and relief into the Earth, I heard gentle footsteps come up to me from my back. I turned around to see the long braided hair that was stuck to Katniss like glue to paper; never to be changed. I loved her hair so much: it was her. She carried her bow and a few collections of foods.

"Hey." She combining her sigh with a hug in my arms.

"How are you?" I asked with caring intentions.

"I'm doing ok. But I miss her...so much." She said trying to regain the salt water that usually bled from her eyes on this subject.

"You'll be ok Katniss. You will be ok." I said touching her shoulder as she smiled at me.

Looking around my shoulder she curiously asked: "what are you doing?"

"Oh, I erm...I found these in the meadow. I thought they might look nice here. Do you mind? They're Primroses."

She regained her grief and immediately nodded with a gentle smile. "Of course."

"Have you been to the market? I'm surprised it's open this early." I said diverting the subject.

"Yes, I traded some thread for a few pieces of fruit and a squirrel for a minor amount of sugar cubes." She said sounding quite bored. I just smiled at her.

"Speaking of food, would you like to come for dinner tonight? It can be my treat if you'd like." I asked, hoping the right answer would be received.

"I'd love to Peeta." She said with a great happiness and relief about her tone of voice.

"Come at 7, don't bother knocking." I said as she slowly walked off.

"Katniss, my door is always open." I said implying she was welcome anytime.

"Thank you Peeta, for everything."

"You're welcome." I said.