Staring...

Katniss' Pov:
It stood in my wardrobe staring at me. My dress which had been delivered to me several days ago, stood hung up in my wardrobe. The red was almost as if it was the devil himself stood in front of me. I slammed the door shut ignoring what was hidden.

It had been 3 weeks since Haymitch told me about my speech. I was scared to do it, but I wanted to do it. For everyone that anyone had lost. I tried to procrastinate going back to the place of wherever the speech would take place, but I knew so much planning had to be done that I needed to decide where it would take place.

I was sat on my bed, unaware that Peeta was leaning against the frame of our bedroom door.

"Hey." He said.

"Hey." I said back.

"Have you thought anymore about the speech?" He asked me.

"Yes, I want to do it. I feel like it will help the..." suddenly a wave of nausea interrupted my pattern of audio. Peeta asked what was the matter, but instead I just covered my mouth slightly gagging on the taste of vomit and ran to the bathroom toilet a few rooms from our bedroom.
Peeta ran after me shouting what was the matter but I couldn't talk. I just needed a toilet. I leant over and started to throw up violently.

"Hey, are you ok?" He asked with concern in his tone of voice.
I put my thumb up, with my head still in the depth of the toilet. He held my long hair back. After it had happened, my head appeared from the toilet and I leant against the wall closing my eyes for a second and sighing.

"Fuck." I never really let out expletive's in front of Peeta but this was a well needed word of realisation.

"What?" He asked frantically.

"The nausea, mood swings, feeling crap all the time." I said to him. He still looked puzzled.

"It all adds up." I said.

"You still don't understand do you?" He shook his head.
I chuckled to myself.

"I'm pregnant."