10 months later.

Katniss' Pov:
It's been nearly a year since we came back from the Capitol and Rose has grown. She can now crawl and shuffle on her bottom. She quite cheeky though. Her hair is thick and every strand is defined by a tight messy curl. I've tired styling it but she'll either splat me with water or just look so stupidly cute. Out of everyone in 12, she recognised me and Peeta and Darius.
Effie stayed with Haymitch and they are now an item. I was so happy for them both. They suited each other so much. Effie's preciseness about everything and Haymitch's 'I don't give a shit" attitude go hand-in-hand with each other really. Opposites attract though.

Haymitch and Effie have agreed to look after Rose while me and Peeta go for a wander through the hob today to buy some food. I still hunt, but not as much as I used to.

I was walking down the stairs as I heard the door shut.

"Did Haymitch come for Rose?" I asked Peeta.

"Yep." He answered smiling at me and then kissing my cold lips.

"Let's go. Wrap up warm." I said as he placed a scarf around his neck.

———-

We went to the hob and got the usual things: veg, fruit, nuts but no bread because I had my own baker.

Walking home with a bag of shopping in one hand, Peeta asked me a question.

"Would you like to watch the sunset tonight in the meadow? I'm sure Effie and Haymitch will look after Rose." He said.

"I'd love to." I said agreeing.

We made it back home and explained the plan to Effie and of course she said yes.

"Hey little one. We got you lots of raspberries today, you're favourite." I said cuddling her on the sofa as we prepared lunch.

I placed her in her high chair with her favourite stacking bricks and went over to Peeta.

"Hello handsome." I said hugging him from behind.

"Hello." He didn't turn around for a second, but when he did, he smudged a pinch of flour across my cheek laughing.

"Ooooo no you didn't." I said chasing after him.
Eventually, around the kitchen island I became faster and he became slower because of his prosthetic leg and I lighted his chest, spinning him around to face me.
He was still giggling a bit, but all fell silent. I was stood with my arms around his back, staring into the translucent, ocean-blue eyes he possessed. He was beautiful.

Our faces relaxed and he leaned in to kiss me. Our kiss was short but loving.

"Careful, I think Rose is watching." He said, making me laugh and turn around to see her giggling and smacking her bricks on the table.

"What are you up too little monkey?" I said going up to her and tickling her chin making her laugh even louder.

——————

After me and Peeta had given Rose to Effie and Haymitch we strolled through the meadow. It was nearing sunset, as the sky had a streak of myriads of orange in the sky, leaving them mixing in with each other. The night was warm and full of love and comfort. We sat down against a tree leaning on the trunk. I placed my head on Peeta's shoulder, leaving the projection of the sunset looking slightly titled. The sky was gorgeous.
A few minutes passed as we were watching the sun say goodbye for the night. I broke the silence.

"How come you wanted to see the meadow tonight?" I asked him, hand in hand.

"Because I wanted to remember the orange of the sun and the green trees. Two colours that signify something that's real." He said.

"You're so amazing." I said turning my head to face him.
The descending sun reflected on his blue orbs, leaving a halo around his face.
He turned around to look at me, leaving a shadow on his face.

He said pulling me into a desirable and loving kiss. Slow and passionate. Loving and calm. He placed his hand on my side and twisted his fingers around the long braid that touched my back. He placed his hand on my cheek, stroking it as he pulled away. I stared at him, but only for a bit.

"I love you Katniss Everdeen."

"I love you too Peeta Mellark."