I've never been more happy.

Peeta's PoV:
My lips crashed onto Katniss' with ever strength of my being. I parted and laughed in unison with her.
"Oh my god! I can't believe it! I'm going to be a father! I get to raise a child!" I said quietly.

She nodded gently, whilst our foreheads were rocking against each other.

"I'm so incredibly, incredibly happy. I get to raise a beautiful girl with my love." I said.

"So you think it's a girl now?" She said.

"Just a feeling." I said chuckling.

"I love you." I said, kissing her forehead.

"I love you too Peeta Mellark."

————
A few hours had passed. Me and Katniss both laid on our bed. Her chest was directly aloft my thumping heart. I had my hand placed on her very small baby bump. It was minuscule really, but little did that baby know, it brought more joy than everything and anything in this whole world.

"We have to tell Haymitch. And Effie and Annie." I said to her.

"Yes. We'll tell Haymitch and Annie tomorrow, but I was thinking of holding the memorial in the Capitol then we could tell Effie. I'd be big by then, maybe even 8 months, but she'd love it." She said still resting her head on my chest. Neither of us looking at each other.

""I'm not letting you travel when you're 8 months. It's too risky Katniss." I said.

"But what if the memorial is only a day?" She said trying to reason with me.

"And the medical facilities are far better in the Capitol. It's so much safer. All the medics live there now. As much as I want the baby being born in this bed, it's so much safer for it to be born in a hygienic and safe environment." She said.

I thought about it for a moment. I guess she was right.

"How about this:
We go to the Capitol when you're around 8 months.
We deliver the speech at the memorial.
We live in the Capitol for a few weeks and you give birth to the baby.
We come home as soon as you're able and raise our child."

"That's sounds perfect." She said. I could feel her cheek raise slightly, indicating that she was smiling.

"Katniss?" I asked.

"Yes?" She responded.

"Prim would be so proud of you. For everything you've done and for everything you're about to do." I said.

"Thank yo...thank you Peeta." She said shedding a tear.