Nightmares.

2 days after Katniss gave birth.
Katniss' PoV:
Stepping onto the train, I had Rose in my arms. Peeta handled the luggage and touched my back as I stepped on the raised floor. I was ready to go home and so was Peeta. As badly as I wanted to avoid Gale, I knew seeing him for one last time in a very long time, would be wise.

Effie guided me to the middle train cart, were the main events of the day happened, followed by Haymitch.

Again, I saw extravagant food and multiple drinks on offer, each one being unique by colour.

"Remember we're stopping off at District 2 Effie!" I said to her sitting down, about to feed Rose.

Feeding Rose, I watched the scenery quickly pass the side of the window, and then we were soon out of the Capitol.

"Darling, are you sure it's wise to be showing Gale of all people, your newborn daughter?" Effie asked.

"Yes I'm sure. I'd feel even more guilty not doing it." I said.

"Ok dear." She replied.

"Are you ok? Would you like me to do anything?" Peeta asked. He was just worried something could go wrong, but I'd be fine.

"I'm fine. How are you?" I asked returning the question.

"I couldn't be happier Katniss. I going home with, as you said it 'a daughter in my arms'". He said gleaming.

I smiled, looking down at my beautiful Rose. The light that came from the chandeliers reflected their rays onto her head of thin chestnut hair.

——
The sunset was nearing us as we descended into the borders of District 1.
"I'm going to take a nap, before District 2, wake me up when we arrive, can you look after Rose please?" I asked Peeta rising from my chair.

"Sure, you need rest. Ill take her." He said as I handed over Rose to his muscular arms.

"Thank you." I said kissing him and walking to my bedroom.

I laid on the bed thinking about how everything turned out and how I wouldn't be awoken by Peeta but by a nightmare.

I close my eyes, and soon fell into a deep sleep.

They have her. They have Rose and Peeta. They took them both. Snow is going to kill them. I sprint through the palace doors, searching for either of them but they aren't there. Suddenly I hear a cry, shallow and sweet. I run so fast, my legs can't keep up. I burst open the door to see Snow holding Rose and Peeta ties up in a chair behind him, gagged so he can't speak. He has a small blade in his hands...

He walks to Peeta and starts cutting him. I can't escape, as I've noticed I'm cut off by a huge shard of glass. I'm banging on the glass so hard, waiting for it to break, but instead I have to watch him kill Peeta. Then he steps away and goes to Rose, cutting her cheek. She starts crying. My baby. My baby girl, she's going to die!! Instantaneously, he plunges his blade into Peeta chest and Rose's followes after!

"Arrrrhhhh!!!" I scream. I'm awoken by my own screaming! I jolt up and see where I am. I'm on a Capitol train! I'm going back to the Capitol! I jump out of bed and sprint to the noise of voices. I open the door and see Peeta cradling Rose, surrounded by Effie and Haymitch. They see me standing there crying and rush over. I sigh in relief.

"Katniss! What's wrong?" Peeta asks me with Rose in his arms.

"Katniss!" He shouts again.

"I had a nightmare...you and Rose were dead."