4 months later.

Peeta's Pov:
Today is a simple day. A good day. No flashbacks, no complications. Just me, Katniss and Rose. Everyday, I glimpse at Katniss' hand, looking at the ring that hugs her finger so very gently. The pearl reflects on every shiny or iridescent thing you can find, each reflection bouncing off each other like stones being thrown onto water. District 12 is slowly being rebuilt, but I found a place in the hob where people can trade their things for bread. It keeps me sane, and helps with the money situation.

Rose is now 15 months, it's so crazy. She is so cheeky but has a contagious smile that you only see 4 or 5 times in your life. But every time you do, it brightens the whole place up.

She can now walk immediately and often points at me or Katniss, laughs then says 'Mamma' or 'Dadda'. It's adorable.
She has thick, curly locks that all go in random directions off of her head and scattered freckles across her rosy cheeks.

I was coming down the stairs in the house when I saw Katniss flicking through something.

"What ya reading?" I asked as I kissed her forehead.

"Effie gave me one of her fashion magazines. She says that Plutarch says the Capitol is nearly up and running again. People are starting to work and design clothes. Even wedding dresses." She said smiling.

"How convenient." I said smiling.

"Do you want some coffee?" I asked heading over to make myself some.

"Yes please." She replied.

"How is Effie? I feel as if I always talk to Haymitch but never her." I said, walking over with her coffee, and placing it on the table.

"She's ok. Same old Effie. Annoying but lovely with it." She said.
I chuckled slightly.

Rose was sat in her high-chair babbling away lots of nonsense words, smacking some food on the small area she ate off.

"What are you doing missy?" Katniss said as she went over to her and wiped the food off her cheek.

"What are you saying more like." I said walking over to them both.

"Bblllbblb blblblbllblbl." Rose was really just babbling on about whatever she wanted, but she looked so beautiful.

"You're an amazing mother." I said kissing Katniss on the cheek.

"And you're an amazing father." She said.

"Thank you. I'm off the the hob, would you like anything?" I asked, putting my coat on and grabbing my bag full of warm bread.

"No. Just you." She said.

"I'll be back soon. Love you both." I said, walking out the front door.

————————————
I made it to the hob and started to set up stall. I saw Greasy Sae trading her usual things: wool, string, broaches, nails. The type of stuff only a hoarder would buy.
I saw a small woman walking over to me. She had ripped clothes on and looked as if she had just taken her top off to come to trade.

"Hi, can I trade this jumper for some bread please?" She asked in a shallow voice.

"Yeah sure." I said. I felt awful. She took the bread but when she tried to hand the jumper over, I simply pushed her hand back.

"Keep it. You need it." I said.

"Thank you." She said in reply.

A few hours passed and I knew it was getting late, so I packed up and headed home for dinner.

———————————
As I was walking to the entrance of 'Victors Village' I spotted a car outside.
It was relatively posh, with shiny glass as windows.

I stared at it for a while, before I headed in.

"Katniss!" I shouted in a calm manner.

"Who's round?" I asked walking through with my collection of traded items.

"Hello Peeta."

A voice all too familiar. A voice I'd heard scream and wail in cries. A voice that had so much kindness and gentleness in it.

Annie with her son. Finn.