Our family.

Katniss' Pov:
It's been 3 days now since I gave birth to Rose. I could have gone home yesterday, but with my bleeding, they wanted me under observation. I couldn't wait to go back to District 12 and live life again, but start over with my daughter. Wow, it sounds crazy to think I have a daughter, but even more crazy that I'm in love with Peeta.

I was perched on my bed, feeding Rose, when Peeta came through the door. I was breastfeeding, so my whole boob was on show.😂 my face went slightly red when Peeta saw me.

"Hey, how are you?" He asked.

"I'm alright. Still in pain, but I'm ok." I said.

"Well I got everything you wanted from our hotel room. Today is the day we go home." He said smiling.

"Yep. I wanted to visit Gale though on the way back. I told him he could see the baby." I said, hoping he wouldn't react.

"Of course." He said surprisingly.

Peeta started to pack my hospital bag. Rose had finished feeding, so I pulled my top back down. I winded her and gave her a quick kiss, before placing her in her crib. She was fast asleep, after a good feed.

"You're an amazing mother." Peeta said touching my back.

"I never wanted kids, but the games prevented that. Now I wouldn't want anything else. I have you and Rose. I think it's safe to say that even without Prim, my life is complete. I have Rose now to remember her by." I said smiling.

"I'm so proud of you Katniss Everdeen." Peeta said kissing me. It was a gentle kiss.

"Eh em." Someone coughed.

Me and Peeta pulled away, turning our heads, and meeting eyes with Effie. We both smiled. Peeta placed his arms around my back.

"Are you ready to go the car?" She asked.

"Soon, Rose is just sleeping, but I'll put her in a baby sling. Don't worry. She's just been fed so won't be crying down a storm." I said.

"We're all packed though." Peeta said.

"Ok, I'll go and find Haymitch. He's probably at the café downing some coffee." She said.

"Effie!" I shouted trying to get her attention before she trotted off.

"Yes dear?" She asked.

"How is Haymitch coping with being sober?" I asked inquisitively.

She sighed. "He's fine, just mad and shaky a lot of the time. I haven't seen him drink one sip of alcohol though, and I even asked the cleaners on the train if they found any bottles of stains of liquid in his bedroom. They said no." She said.

I just smiled. She trotted off to find him.

"Now where we?" Peeta asked smiling.

He spun me around and caught me in his arms, holding me from falling to the ground. He kissed me and pulled me back up.

"Much more and I'll faint." I said.

"I'm still precious cargo you know?" I said, making him laugh.

"I'll just get Rose in a sling and then we'll head to the car." I said.

"Ok." Peeta replied.

I strolled over to Rose and gently picked her head up with one hand and her back with the other.

I placed her in the sling I was now wearing, yearning to not wake her up.

Peeta had hold of our bag.

"Let's go home, with our daughter. Our family." I said.