Safety

Katniss' PoV:
I woke up in un-familiar surroundings. My hair was messy and I still had my clothes on. The room was mildly warm and small. Turning my head, I saw the morning sun shine on Peeta. He was calmly sleeping with his chest facing the cream coloured ceiling. I was slightly cold, so I moved across the double bed and placed my head on his moving chest. By accident I jolted him awake. He looked down at me as I could feel his chin press on the top of my head.

"Good morning." I said to him quietly.

"Good morning." He said back gently stroking my hair.

"How did I end up in your bed last night?" I asked laughing.

"Oh, we watched some tv and you fell asleep. So I picked you up and put you to bed." He said.

"Thank you. I needed a long sleep. I've been barely even entertaining that thought of rest because my nightmares just awake me." I said.

"You'll be ok." Peeta said kissing my head.

We stayed in bed for another hour with our eyes closed. Not talking or humming. There was no audio, but there was love in the atmosphere. I wanted to be with Peeta but was too scared to admit it. After the hour had passed, I lifted my head up to meet his eyes, propping my elbow up to make sure I didn't fall. Peeta awoke and smiled at me.

"Do you want pancakes?"I asked him. He nodded and then said: "And some waffles and some banana and some syrup and some bácon." All of which was said in an innocent, but extremely cute accent (A.N- similar to the scene from 'the Notebook' when young Noah says what he wants for breakfast to young Allie.)

"Ok, I'll go make it then." I said smiling.
"Thank you Katniss." He said.
"You're welcome Peeta."

I pottered downstairs and made the breakfast requested.
As I was about to flip the 4 pancakes, I heard thumps come down the spiral staircase. I turned around to see Peeta. He slowly walked up to me and asked if after breakfast, we would like to go to the meadow to hunt. Of course I said yes.
———————————————-in the meadow.

It was 10:00am. We were strolling through the meadow, but no animals were in sight. I placed my arrows back into the bag on my back and carried my wooden bow beside me. I wasn't sure where we were heading. Just walking. To be honest, I didn't know where we were heading, but as long as I was with Peeta, I would be safe; always.