I do.

Long chapter☺️
Peeta's Pov:
I was standing outside Haymitch's house, waiting for him to appear, so   we could walk to the meadow. It seemed weird having a wedding in a meadow, but it reminisced the memories me and a Katniss had had there. Almost as if when we are married, it will tie a knot. A hole of horrors and nightmares.

"Come on Haymitch!" I shouted.

"Yes coming." He said stepping out of the door, just tightening his tuxedo.

I stared into the window that gained access into my bedroom hoping to catch a glimpse of Katniss, but all I viewed was a slight shadow of movement.

"Don't you know it's unlucky to see the bride on the big day?" Haymitch said.

"Yep I know." I replied, sounding slightly snarky, but really I was just nervous. I folded my vow into my pocket and we headed to the meadow.

When we arrived, there were about 20 rows of chairs either side of the aisle. Katniss didn't know that salon of people from District 12 would be there to watch us. To her request, I had planted Primroses there previously, to ensure they would bloom and thrive. I sat down on the front row, waiting for people to arrive, and then to see my love.

1 hour later.

Every seat was filled up. No gaps. No uncertainty. No holes left to sun was shining, leaving the trees looking golden and the sky looking clean.
Then, I heard it. The deafening silence. It's time.

Katniss' Pov:
I was so nervous. Every nerve was prominent in my head and whole body. Effie left me and trotting right up to the front. I didn't realise how many people had come until I couldn't see Peeta. He was like a blurry dot in the distance. I took a deep breath. No music. Just me. I slowly placed one foot infront of the other. Every time my eyes met parallel with someone else's, I felt so hopeful. I hardly knew any of these people, but here they were in the finest clothing they could find. I held a bunch of Primrose's in my hand, which matched perfectly to the ones that were tied to each chair and to my surprise, ran all along each side of the chairs. They were beautiful. The sun was gleaming, making the grass that I was walking on, seem iridescent. There was nothing in-front of the meadow, just acres and acres of beauty and perfection. I saw Annie on the front row, bouncing Rose in her arms, with Finn sat beside her. I winked at Rose making her giggle.

After taking in all of the scenery around me, I realised I was there. I made it.

There he stood, in-front of me, with a gleaming smile. He wore a navy suit with a small orange flower inserted into the pocket. He just stared into my eyes, completely mirroring the emotions I was feeling.

He took a deep sigh, trying to reel the tears that clung to his eyes.

I stood opposite, waiting for the vicar to announce the ceremony.
"You look beautiful." He said, wiping away a tear.

"You don't look to bad yourself." I said, laughing, then followed by a wink which made him smile.

"Please he seated." The vicar said.

Everyone did as they were told. It began.

He announced the mandatory things. Making his way through I finally heard the word "vow."

"You go first." I said to Peeta.

"Ok." He replied. He gently folded open a piece of paper to reveal a paragraph of words.

"Your voice. With my head facing the school assembly floor and full of boredom, your voice was when I knew I had fallen in love with you. Before even looking up, I knew that you were beautiful. I knew that one day, I'd be here because I couldn't let you go. And I never will. I've clung onto to you all the time and always been there for you, and I still will be. You're the most strongest and stubborn person I will ever know. You hold more strength in your finger than most people posses in their entire body. I'm so proud to see our daughter so happy and to see the love that you have for her. I know you never wanted children, but that was a time of worry and certain death. Now we can bring up Rose and our other children in a place of peace and tranquility, and you've given everybody that. You've given everybody peace and tranquility. And I couldn't love you more. I'm here. Always."

I was astonished. I was in ore and shock of what Peeta had produced. Both wiping away our tears, I began my vow.

"I'm not great with words. To be honest, I'm not great with a lot. Peeta is the better linguistic, but I know from heart to heart that I will tell you everyday how grateful I am for everything you do. For everything to try and accomplish. For loving me a way that no one has done before. You found hope and love in my heart when I could find none. You're the kindest and gentle soul I've ever met. You find the good in everything, because you strive to peace and happiness.

I remember one night when we were cooking, even the way you handle the end of the broccoli or the end piece of bread that no one wants to eat, it's always done with care. Nothing is every forced or forceful. You're kind and gentle. You're the love of my life. I love you."

"I love you too Katniss, always."

"You may kiss the bride." The vicar said.

Peeta gently leaned in and our lips embraced. And with that, we were husband and wife; always.

Everlark Baby ~ Everlarkजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें