Separation.

Peeta's PoV:
All of a sudden I heard a thousand beeps of a car horn and my name being screamed by two voices that were all too familiar. Effie. Haymitch.

I ran outside after excusing myself from Caesar's house and ran outside to find Haymitch standing by the car door that was open. I ran to him.

"What? What's the matter?" I asked frantically.

"Katniss has gone into Labour, but she started to bleed heavily. We're on our way to the hospital. She blacked out only a minute ago." Haymitch said almost crying.

I couldn't believe it. Was Katniss going to die? Was I going to loose 2 people today.

"Now get in!" He said as he climbed into the front and I climbed in the back to see Katniss perched on Effie's lap.

"Hand her to me." I said forcefully.

Effie soon did, as Katniss' head was on my lap. She was stone cold, but her lips were still pigmented with a pale pink.

It was as if she was just calmly sleeping. I looked down to see her trousers soaked in red liquid.

"Katniss, wake up! Wake up! Please wake up! Ple..please...." I said starting to cry.

We were reaching the hospital entrance.

"I can't loose you." I said.

But I did. She was snatched from me by medics. I just lost her. Whilst she was being placed on a stretcher, I sat in the car weeping my eyes out, until no tears were left. I couldn't do it without her and our baby.

"Come on." Haymitch said as he hoisted me out the car and followed Katniss.

As we were following Katniss, a medic placed an oxygen mask on her face, covering her small lips and petite nose. After 10 seconds, I noticed something.

Her chest was rising further. I knew she gained consciousness. Her eyes peeled open, and all the designated medics to Katniss, were saying things at her. She looked so confused.

I ran over, tearing them away from her to gain view.

"Katniss, I'm here." I said, cupping her wet face from tears.

She looked so confused and baffled, but her eyes knew me.

"Peeta....the baby. I started to bleed and I wouldn't stop." She said as a tear arched down her plumped and sculpted cheeks.

"I know. You'll be fine." Just as I said that, she let out a shriek. It was a scream, but high-pitched, only lasting a millisecond.

That soon alerted the medics as they tore me from her and rushed here away. I couldn't see her face. All I could see was her limp hand, waiting for my hand to embrace. But that never happened.

I was left in the shadows. In the middle of the hospital corridor, I collapsed onto my knees, trembling of fears and drowning in my own tears.

Haymitch kept on rubbing my back. I felt so alone.

And then as my head lifted up, I saw a doctor come towards me. He was bombarding me with questions as to whether I was ok or not. I never answered. I just rushed after Katniss.

"Peeta wait!!" I heard Effie shout as her heels were trotting against the hard floor.

I ran after her, only to be denied entrance by a female doctor.

"Excuse me Sir, you cannot come in here." She said placing her hand over the door.

"But I'm her boyfriend...she knows me. I'm the father of her child." I said panicking.

"You need to wait here, until everything is settled, then when labour begins, you can go and help Miss Everdeen." She said. I couldn't interfere with them helping Katniss. If they were going to save her life, then I wouldn't interrupt. But the second they were finished with everything and prepared for the birth, I would be in there, to see my Katniss have our baby.

Many minutes passed. Those minutes turned into an hour. That hour turned into two.

Haymitch and Effie sat by my side was comforting, but I needed her. So bad. She needed me. She needed someone to hold her hand.

Suddenly the door handle clicked. I sprung up to see a medic all in white, staring at me.

"Miss Everdeen is ok. The bleeding has stopped but she needs to give birth now otherwise the baby and her could die. She's alert but confused. Only you may be there. Good luck Mr Mellark." She said smiling.

I bursted through the door and ran to her trying not to interfere with any doctors.
She smiled so hard.
"I'm here my love. I promise." I said clutching her cold hands. Finally. Embraced, I kissed her forehead. It was hot, sweaty and red. She was panting hard. She looked at me, shaking.

"Hey, you can do this." I said.

She started to push. Her body was shaking. I quickly observed the room.
There were 2 doctors at the end of the bed, and 3 standing near the baby's bed followed by another two next to a table.

All of a sudden, I spotted something that drained all the good memories out of me. The smell of antiseptic drowned my nose. I couldn't concentrate on anyone or anything else. My eyes were fixated on two sharp needles...

The Capitol. I'm back. They could take me. They could.

They could jab those sharp metal pieces of hell into my neck as no one is watching. All eyes are on Katniss, not me.

My hand slipped out of Katniss' as I ran out unable to look at them anymore. Just as I was exiting the room, trying to escape this tight box, I tripped over. Haymitch was beside me, shouting my name. I blocked an communication out, as I was curled up in a ball.

"No! No!! They can't get to me! I won't let them!" I screamed from the top of my lungs.

Katniss' PoV:
He left me all alone. I had no one, but this baby.

I repeated to scream out. Haymitch burst through the doors.
"Sweetheart.." he said bathing my forehead with a cold flannel. The doctors were concerned now. I was almost done pushing the head.

"Little pushes." The doctor instructed me. I did as they said. Little pushes. I couldn't do much else, but with Peeta's strength I could create this family. But he wasn't here.

Suddenly I felt it. The head was out.
I took a huge sigh in relief, attempting to get my breath back.

"Haymitch, I...I want him." I said crying.

"And I want the clouds to piss liquor but we can't all get what we want."

He made me smile but not for long.

Peeta's PoV:
Still cradled on the ground, with Effie next to me, I was muted.

I couldn't hear anything and I didn't want to. I couldn't make a sound fearing they might hear me. Hear me cry.

After the sound of commotion and confusion, I was awoken by an infants cry...