Whimpers and bad dreams.

Katniss' PoV:
Another nightmare captivated my mind as I woke up to my own screaming. The images still in my awoken eyes were like fragments in your pupils you had gained from looking at the sun for too long. My forehead had drips of sweat lingering around it. I was propped up-right with my elbows straight. Peeta was fast asleep next to me, as he hadn't slept in awhile from the baby.

I was suddenly arosed by a familiar noise. Whimpers. I slowly climbed out of bed and made my way to clutch onto Rose to settle her.

The volume of her whimpers increased, only making it more easy for Peeta to awake. I swayed her gently, knowing she might be hungry.

I decided to take her down to the very end cart, where no one would hear her cries.

"Let's feed you little one." I said, sitting down on the arched sofa that was leaning against the curved window.

I lifted my top up and let her feed peacefully. After that she'd surely be full and tired; the most I could do is hope.

After I had fed and winded her, I rocked her in my tired and aching arms. She was still fussing but by why, I didn't know.

"What's the matter?" I asked in a gentle voice, knowing she wouldn't reply.

"Shhhh." I said.

She still wouldn't stop whimpering.
I resorted to one thing that I hadn't done in a long time because it brought back too much pain. I sang.

"Deep in the meadow, under the willow.
A bed of grass, a soft green pillow.
Lay down your head, and close your eyes.

And when they open, the sun will rise.
Here it's safe, and here it's warm.
Here the daisies guard you from every harm. Here your dreams are sweet, and tomorrow brings them true.
Here is the place where I love you.

Deep in the meadow, hidden far away.
A cloak of green, a moon beam ray.
Forget your woes, and let your troubles lay. And when again it's morning, they'll wash away.

Here it's safe, and here it's warm.
Here the daisies guard you from every harm. Here your dreams are sweet, and tomorrow brings them true.

Here is the place where I love you."

I was suddenly startled by a tiny noise emerge from the door. Peeta was staring at me smiling. He heard me sing for the first time...