Pearls and rings.

Katniss' Pov:
Screams. Not Peeta's or Prims, but my own. Once again, I was awoken by my own screams from my own nightmare. My head sweating, my pulse pounding and my hands becoming tight. I was enclosed in reality. Screaming babies, screaming me. Peeta wasn't here, but I heard him downstairs humming Rose to sleep probably for the fifth time tonight.

Suddenly, I felt a wave of worry rush over me, like a foreign fear. I ran over to my cabinet, trying to find the pearl so that I could lie in bed with it. Sniffing it to remind me of his scent that might just perhaps still linger around the edge. Rubbing it in between my fingers telling my mind "no games, they're gone." But instead, I couldn't find it.

I couldn't find it.

The one thing that brought me comfort when I needed it the most, I couldn't find. I rummaged loudly through each drawer, unfolding every item of clothing, trying to find the silver sphere.

"Katniss!" Peeta shouted as he ran through the door.

"What's happened? I heard a bang." He said puffing.

"I've lost it." I said nearly crying.

"What? What have you lost?" He asked, still looking worried.

"The pearl you gave me. I've lost it and it's not coming back. Great." I said.

Peeta sighed, like i was just being over-dramatic.
I looked at him in disbelief, until he reached into his bedside drawer and retrieved something. Something that was so shiny, it casted flickers and segments onto the ceiling, like sequins.

He kneeled down on one knee, struggling slightly with his prosthetic leg and presented the pearl. But it wasn't alone. The pearl was surrounded by gold, complimenting each shade and was met in the centre of a silver band, just like it had been engraved. The band, that through realisation, became clear to me. Its a ring...