Goodbye.

Katniss' PoV:
He handed Rose to Haymitch and came up to me, embracing my shaking body in a hug.

"We're ok. We're all ok." He said in a calming voice.

"Ok." I replied.

He pulled away and kissed my forehead. I smiled at him, being so grateful I had him in my life.

"Are we in District 2?" I asked.

"Yes. We'll be stopping in about 2 minutes." He said.

I tried to gain a clear view of outside, but the night was as black as my nightmares. The moon seized to exist that night, with only a sight of it, that was the size of my ring finger.

"I'll go and get Rose another blanket. It'll be cold." I said, walking to my room.

I grabbed a thick blanket, that had reams of gold running through the pink.

I walked back to the lounge cart and saw Peeta putting his coat on, Effie standing next to the door, and Haymitch still cradling Rose. He would've made a great father.

I went over to Haymitch and he passed me Rose. I placed her on the chair and wrapped her around in the pink blanket. She was still asleep, which was good.

"Let's go." Peeta said, as I felt the train stop.

The doors opened and a cold breeze blasted in my face. It froze the wet damp tears that had fallen on my cheeks, leaving my face feeling tight.

We all stepped off, with Peeta touching my back and holding my hand, making sure I didn't trip over.

"Hello Katniss. It's lovely to see you again." Clarke, the Mayor of District 2 said.

"Are you here to see Gale Hawthorne?" She asked.

"Yes. Do you know where he is?" I asked.

"He's in the briefing room. Here's a flashlight. It's dark out tonight." She said handing me one.

"Thank you." I replied.

"Peeta." She said shaking his hand. She only smiled at Effie and Haymitch as I doubted she knew them very well.

"Follow me." She said. Making our way through the thick fog, I whispered to Peeta:
"What do I say to Gale?" I said.

"Just introduce Rose and ask him about the job. It'll only be 5 minutes. Don't worry." He said. I just nodded.
—————-
Peeta waited outside the briefing room. I could hear Clarke telling Gale what was happening behind the door.

"Come in. Me, Peeta and your friends will wait here." She said, opening the door.

"Thank you." I replied.

I slowly opened the wooden door with my left hand, and clutched to Rose with my right.

Gale was stood, staring outside the window.

"Hey." I said, making him startle and turn around.

He smiled, which was good.

"Hey Katniss." He said strolling over.

"Meet Rose Rue Mellark." I said.

He came up to me and her, staring at my daughter who was sleeping peacefully.

"She's gorgeous Katniss. I'm happy for you. You deserve a beautiful daughter." He said stoking her cheek.

"Where did Rose come from?" He asked.
I paused, waiting for the awkward silence to come, after I would answer his question.

"Primrose. It came from Primrose."