Isolated.

Katniss' Pov:
Peeta was sat opposite me as we were eating breakfast. Haymitch next to me and Effie next to Peeta. We were just chatting about things. How Effie was settling in in the Capitol. How Haymitch was sober now. How they were both thrilled to be godparents. Hopefully their role would never be needed though.

"Remember when I killed a placemat?" I asked Haymitch chuckling.

"Yeah." He replied laughing.

"What are you doing today Peeta?" Effie asked him.

"Oh nothing really. I might go and visit Caesar. Clear things up." He said.

Although Caesar supported the Games, he always made a conversation as easy as possible. He would help me during the interviews because he knew I hated them. I hopped he was well, but I couldn't be bothered to go see anyone today. I preferred to stay in bed and maybe talk a short walk to myself, while a Peeta was out.

"How come?" I asked him.

"I know he is a member of the Capitol, but always had kindness in his heart. When he interviewed me during the war, he knew what they did to me, but never said anything too revealing in fear of becoming an Avox. Who can blame him right?" He said.

"He treated me nicely though. As nice as anybody from the Capitol has in a while. I remember before my last live interview, he could see the black marks under my eyes, the various dots on my skin from needles. He placed his arm on my shoulder and whispered 'remember I'll do the talking. You'll be home soon son, don't worry'. He was incredibly nice and understanding." Peeta said smiling at the table.

"Do you want to come." He asked me.

"No. I'm going to take a walk, but thank you." I said.

"Ok. I'll go in about an hour. I'll be back about 3." He said.

I just nodded.

—————————

As I watched Peeta step into the motor, I hurried back to our room and slipped my shoes on. As the wind was bitter as ice, I wrapped a wool scarf around my neck and a thick coat with a fur hood.

Just as I was about to step out our room, I felt terribly sick. Not a morning sickness, more like a gargle or rubbling explosion in my stomach. I ran to the toilet.

Leaning over, I had thrown up the entire contents of my light breakfast and anything my digestive system could detect. And then I noticed something I thought I'd only see in a birth but never again; blood. Only about a teaspoon or so. It reminded me of the red ribbons my mother used to tie in my hair for my first reaping day.

I only walked to the end of the garden and back. About half a mile. It was nothing compared to the many miles I had achieved over many years of hunting in the foreign woods of District 12.

I found a wooden bench placed at the side of the path. I concluded to sit down for a few minutes to collect my thoughts. I kept re-thinking thoughts that had invaded my mind like 'what will the baby look like?' and 'will it be healthy?'. Of course it will be healthy Katniss, you've done nothing wrong I tell myself.

I wonder how Peeta's getting on? I think. He'll be at Caesar's house by now.

Instantaneously, I felt a sharp pang in my stomach. It'll be the baby kicking I told myself. I lifted myself up, but as I did I felt a gallon of water sprint down my leg. It wasn't urine for sure, but my waters. I'm going into labour...alone.