💌 Prologue 💌

🌹 Rose's P.O.V 🌹

- Monday, September 14, 1965...

"Do you really have to go?" Pony mumbled as he read the letter I had just recived in the mail not too long ago. "Yes I do, and I don't want to-" "Then don't go!" He said eagerly as he cut me off. "You know I have too. My parents and brother died a week ago, my Abuela is going to come and take me to Arizona... Trust me, I don't want to go." I said as I fell onto the couch. My parents and brother had just died recently.

"Please don't leave... When will I see you?" Pony asked with worry in his voice. "We will... eventually." I said as I placed a sad smile on my face. "How many days do we have together?" He asked as he took a seat next to me. "Cuatro." I mumbled. "Four days. Four days. Four days." He kept mumbling over and over again. "Let's make the most of them" I whispered faintly. "Make every minute count." He added.

Friday, September 18, 1965...

-
Four days really fly by when you're hanging out with the people you don't what you leave behind. My alarm went off. The sun warmly greeted me as I began shuffling in bed. Not wanting to wake up, for I knew, I would be leaving in a couple hours. I realized I had no choice, I had to leave everyone behind. Everything. I didn't want to leave. My parents and the Curtis parents were really close. Soda and Darry grew up with my brother. And I grew up with Pony.

I loved that my parents helped the Curtis brothers when their parents died. My parents helped Darry with money and bills. My parents died and left me this house. Somehow, my Abuela found out about it and sent me a letter saying she's coming for me. I'm crying as I pack my clothes, I can't leave. I looked at myself in the mirror. I was never happy with my body. I always looked at other and asked myself.. "How are they so pretty?"

-
"Are you ready?" My Abuela hissed at me. "No, I need to say bye to my friends." I said looking at her. My Abuela from my dads side never liked me. It's fine. I don't like her either. "Why do you care for those nasty Vagabundos?" I turned to look at her. "Those 'Nasty Bums' as you call them, also lost their parents. Have a bit of dignity!" I yelled at her as I turned around and headed to Pony's house.

"Pony?" I whispered. He walked out the kitchen. "Please don't leave." He said as he embraced me in a hug. "I have too. And I promise to be back before you know it." I said as I began crying. He stroked my hair as I cried into his chest. My Abuela pulled me away and out of the door, shoving me into the car. Pony stayed on the doorway. I began crying harder as the engine turned on. Slowly, the house was out of view. "I'll be back." I thought to myself. "That's a promise I'll never break" I added as I wipped my tears...