💌 Chapter 4: Together 💌

🌹 Rose's P.O.V 🌹

- Friday, August 5th, 1967...

"Yes" I said smiling. They all pulled up to me and hugged me. "So how are you?" Darry asked as we began eating. "I've been great!" I said. "That's great! What have you been up to?" Steve asked. "Well, Susana made me go on diets, go to nursing classes, learn the piano, I recorded some songs, sang at a bar, learned to bake, and became a stripper." I said. "Really?" Soda asked. "Mhm" I hummed as I took a sip of my drink. "Does that mean we get... free shows?" Dally smirked.

I chocked on my water and began coughing. Pony hit me on the back in attempts to stop me from dying. "Dallas!" Darry hissed. "It's fine." I managed to say at last. "I don't plan on doing that anymore." I said as I began remembering those nights at the clubs, where men would feel me up, where they would slip fifty dollar bills up my skirts and then tried to drag me to rooms... I could tell the noticed that I was having a hard time with the brought up subject. Darry was gonna say something when someone walked through the door. She went and walked over to Soda and kissed him on the lips. She pulled away and looked at me. Her eyes getting wide. "Sandy!?" I asked happily. "Rose!?" She asked in the same tone.

She came towards me and hugged me. "Two years and you've changed so much. Look at you! Prettier than ever." She said. "Aw thank you! I've missed you so much" I said. "Take a seat" I added as I served her a plate of food. We finished eating and the boys eventually moved to the living room. "So tell me, hows you're life been with Susana in Arizona?" She asked curiously. "Well-" I began.

-
By the time we were done talking, it was late. "Do you wanna stay over, or are you heading home?" I asked her as I put my heels on. "Nah, I'll let you rest" She said. I shrugged. "Leaving already?" Darry asked sadly.  "Yeah, I'm exhausted. I'm gonna get rest." I said as I headed next to Darry. "Thank you for the food." He said. "Anytime. If you need anything, just spill." I smiled. "Will do." He answered.