💌 Chapter 10: Do You..? 💌

🌹 Rose's P.O.V 🌹

Monday, August 8th, 1967...

-
It's been 30 minutes later and Pony was still driving. "How much longer?" I asked impatiently. "A couple more minutes but we're gonna stop at the nearest gas station and get some snacks and drinks" He said. "So it involves food?" I questioned. He smiled and nodded his head. As we kept driving, the landscape became more and more familiar. We pulled up at a gas station and headed inside, picking out snacks and drinks. We payed and went inside the car. "A couple more minutes" Pony said looking at me and smiling. I looked outside and finally saw hints of where we were heading.

-
He drove a bit more until we finally arrived and parked. I looked around and found a small lake. There were some lights hanging from the trees. It was a beautiful sight. "Wow, this is beautiful." I said getting off. I walked by the edge of the lake where a rock was and took a seat. "I knew you would like it." He said. I turned towards him as he sat on a nother Rock. "I love it." I said. There was a moment of silence. The crickets were chirping, the water was reflecting the moonlight. "So, why did Susana hate you all of a sudden?" He asked, breaking the silence.

"I don't know why. She always loved my brother more. But I at one point heard them arguing late at night over something Alejandro did. And my parents were disappointed in him. Then I heard her yell something like, ' Why are you so disappointed in Alejandro when you are so nice to Rose, she's not even your blood!'  When I woke up the next morning, I asked my parents about it. They simply looked at eachother and said Susana was lying." I simply said. "Do you...?" I turned to face him completely. "Think my parents and Alejandro were hiding something? For sure" I said reading his mind.