💌 Chapter 58: Moral 💌

🌹 Rose's P.O.V 🌹

(A/N, Sorry for all the time skips, I'm trynna make this story as interesting.)

Wednesday, September 30th, 1968...

I was sitting by the phone constantly now. It's been a week since Randy last called me. I kind of expected us to talk less but at least a 'Hello' wouldn't hurt.

Sandy seemed to notice how stressed I was and talked to me about it. I know he's probably busy and I understand that. I was hugging Eliza, who was now seven months old and was starting to crawl. Eliza was taking her nap and I decided to hold her. The phone rang and Sandy went to pick up. "Rose it's Randy!" She said. I got up and answerd. "Hey baby how are you?" I asked. Sandy came up to me and signaled that she would hold the baby. I shook my head no and mouthed that I was fine. "Hey Rose." He said. "How've you been? Are you alright?" I asked. "I'm okay." He said. There was a silence. "Honey, are you sure you're okay?" I asked. There was a significant silence. He groaned. "I don't—— think we can do this." He said.

"What?" I asked as I held the phone with my hand. Sandy came over. "I just can't do long distance relationships anymore." He said. I tilted my head up and closed my eyes. Exhailing sharply. "Rose are you okay? Look I'm sorry. It wasn't my intention for things to end this way." He said. Hearing his voice as he said these things hurt me. He was once the person who gave me life. I didn't say anything. I brought my head down and opened my eyes, blinking tears away. "You met someone else didnt you?" I asked. "What? No Rose I-" "That's what it is isn't it?" I asked once more. He sighed. "I'm sorry" he said. I closed my eyes. "Hey don't worry about it. It happened for a reason alright, in the end this was probably gonna happen. Thank you for not dragging me anymore." I said. And before I knew it, he had hung up.

I placed the phone on its place, and Sandy took Eliza. I went to the freezer, grabbed a pint of ice cream. In that moment I began crying. Pony walked in through the door but I didn't care. I grabbed a large spoon and headed to my room. I was already in my sleeping gown. No makeup and my hair in a ponytail. After I finished the pint of ice cream I layed in bed.

...
After two hours of laying in bed, I looked over at the letter I had already made, of how I really truly felt. Sandy came inside and looked at me. "How do you feel?" She asked. And I told her just what I said in the letter. "So I never really knew him, god I really tried to. Thought that we could do this, but really I was foolish. Young people fall in love with the wrong people sometimes." I shed a tear. "Some mistakes are made that's alright that okay, you can think that you're in love when you're really just in pain.." she looked at me. "What do you mean?" She asked.

"I wasn't really in love as I thought. I guess I was looking for someone to tell me everything was okay, that I had a reason for living. Someone that weren't you, or the gang, or Marcia. I guess. And when I met Randy I feel like he gave me a reason to live. A reason that wasn't love related. And maybe I guess this is for the best. Some mistakes get made that's alright that's okay, in the end it's better for me, that's the moral." I said as I cried a bit more...

This was gonna take healing.

A lot.

He meant something to me. Even if it weren't really love wise.

Some mistakes get made that's alright that's okay, you can think that you're in love when you're really just in pain. And some mistakes get made that's alright that's okay, in the end it's better for me that's the moral of my story...

(A/N I used some lyrics from the song "Moral Of The Story" by Ashe in this chapter. I was inspired to write it based on this song)