💌Chapter 56: Late Night 💌

🌹 Rose's P.O.V 🌹

Saturday, May 9th, 1968...

After awhile of roller skating, he decided to take you somewhere. As he drove, i recognized the landscape, but I didn't quite know from where. My parents never took us anywhere. We got out of the car and he took my hand as we began walking.

I heard the sound of water rushing, and suddenly, I remembered where I was. He took me to the top of the hill, exactly where Ponyboy brought me just three months ago...

Just three months ago we were best friends, inseparable. I guess I'm wrong for still feeling something for him. Especially since I'm with Randy now. But Ponyboy was my first love.

And he still is...

I'm so stupid. All the memories rushed. And I began tearing up. Tears began running down my face, he looked at me. "Hey are you okay?" He asked. I got out of my zone and wiped my tears. "Oh yeah, it's just. This place has so many memories, I would always come here with my parents and brother before they died." I said. Lying. He looked at me. And helped me up. "I'm sorry love, if I would've known, I'd never brought you here. I don't wanna see you sad anymore" he said wiping my tears with his thumb.

And I realized. That no matter how much I may still love ponyboy...

I was with Randy now.

And he was with Cherry.

I was now going to dedicate all my love and time to someone who shows the same.

What I had with and for Ponyboy,

Was now old history.