💌 Chapter 54: Him!? 💌

🥀 Rose's P.O.V 🥀

Saturday, May 9th, 1968...

"Jesus Rose, out of all people. All men. In the world, you choose him!?" Darry yelled. "Darry, I don't see anything wrong with him!" I said.

"He's RANDY for the love of GOD!" Darry yelled. "So what!? What's wrong with him that you don't like!?" I yelled. "He's a Soc!" He yelled. "And you guys are greasers! Do you see me disrespecting you!? Do you guys see me as less than you based on how society sees us women!? Soda! Do you see Sandy as less than you just because she's a woman!? Darry! Do you see Honey as less than you just because she's a woman?!" I questioned. They looked at me. "He sleeps with girls and raped someone-"

"It was consensual sex! Both him and the girl knew about it. You guys know better than this! You know you shouldn't assume peoples lives based on their origin!-" "He still slept with a lot of girls!" Darry yelled. "And what!? So has Dallas! And I don't see you guys hating on him, he uses women as toys and I don't see you hating on him. He has a new girl every night and I don't see you guys hating on him!" I yelled.

They all went quiet. I started crying. My sobs were the only thing you could hear.

"Don't you guys think I deserve happiness? The chance of living life with someone who loves me back? I already wasted a MONTH crying over Ponyboy! And look how much I missed. I don't have my parents, I don't have Alejandro. Sandy and Soda are soon gonna get married, And find their own house. Leaving me here. Darry, soon soda is gonna move out and so is Ponyboy, I heard him and Cherry talking about him moving into her house. You're gonna get married and have kids of your own. And Two already has Marcia living with him. Johnny doesn't even live around here. And Dallas doesn't even visit. Everyone is growing and leaving my ass behind. Everyone is living life but me! Don't I deserve to live life too!? Don't I deserve to be with someone who I know won't leave!?" I cried.

"We just want you to be happy" Darry said. "And I am, I really am. But I want you guys to get along. You guys are all I have left. And even if you end up leaving I want our friendship to stay present."
I said. They looked at eachother. "We'll get to know him." They said. I smiled and rushed to hug them.

...

After awhile of talking, they finally all warmed up. They were even joking. "We should get going. Our reservation is in thirty minutes. I was gonna do something before but I'll do it after we eat dinner" he said. The boys "ooo" at us and I blushed. We headed towards the door. "What time do you bring her back?" Darry questioned. "Before Elleven sir" Randy said. "Alright have fun!" Sandy said.