Chapter 70: No More Hope

Ponyboy's  P.O.V
Saturday, November 28th...
It was a Saturday night. It was just a couple minutes before the seven o'clock news came on. Darry was making dinner when the theme song of the news tuned on. We heard the fuzz had news and well, we had to hear it. It's been a month since we lost saw Rose. The gang kept doing their thing. After a couple of segments, they finally touched the topic. The gang piled into the living room and around the small tv.

"Well, if you had been following us recently, you'll know we've had a case of a missing girl. Rose Green went missing on a Tuesday night a month ago. Authorities said she was last seen by a bar." The man took over. "Last night authorities informed they might of found her. Last night they were searching the border of Arizona, where she used to live with her paternal grandmother Susana, when she was alive. Susana died a year ago. When they arrived to her old house, they found what appeared to be a corpse of a young girl. When revised by specialists, it was confirmed that it was in fact Rose."

Marie, The female reporter she's a tear, she was close to Rose. "Rose was believed to be dead since a week ago, it looks like it was a murder. The man who kidnapped her fled the scene before caught by the Arizonan authorities." She whipped her tears. "Our team here would like to give our deepest condolences to family and friends of Rose. We got to meet her in some occasions and she was truly the most amazing woman out there. We still don't know what the mans intentions were. But they weren't good." And after that, Mickey Mouse tunned on.

I couldn't believe that Rose was gone. This just seemed like some sort of joke. I know Rose is alive. I looked around and everyone was silent. Everyone was crying. Including Dallas. I looked over and Johnny began weeping. Soda pulled him into a hug. And then I stood up and also began crying. I couldn't believe that my friend. My bestfriend. The love of my life. Was gone. I slammed the table. And the boys turned to look. And in the moment Steve came up to me and hugged me. Steve and I were never close like this, but I guess the lost of Rose really hit us.

I let go and walked to my room and slammed the door shut. I headed to my closet and opened a shoe box. I had written Rose a letter a day. Just how she had done with me. I planned that when she's come back, I would tell her how I felt. Because  this time I realized that the love of my life was infront of me the whole time. I thought that it would be soon before I would see her again.  I never imagined it to be the last time. I got thirsty so I headed out. The phone rang and I picked it up.

"Tulsa police who am I speaking with?" The other line said. "This is Ponyboy Curtis what can I do for ya?" I asked.
"This wasn't in your description of The lost female, Rose but we thought it'd be fair to let you guys know Incase someone was the father but, Rose was pregnant." The officer said. "Rose was pregnant!?" I yelled. The gang turned to look at me and then pulled over me. I shushed them as they asked millions of questions. "How long?" I asked. "Six months. It was a girl" I looked out loud. "Six months? I'm sorry but that isn't Rose. She wasn't pregnant when she got kidnapped. She didn't look pregnant. A month ago she would've been five months." I said.

"Then we must have the wrong person. But who was at that house?" The officer asked. And that's when something popped in my head. "Linda. Alejandro's girlfriend" I said.