💌 Chapter 36: Darry 💌

🌹 Rose's P.O.V 🌹

Saturday, December 26th, 1967...

Honey was Pony and I's English teacher. We recently found out that she had gone to high school with Darry. Honey and I were really close friends. She saw me as a friend too. We used to hangout a lot when I was just thirteen and she was nineteen. When I saw her on the first day of school I almost cried.

I invited her over to the coffee shop. When we were drinking coffee, confessed what I was hoping to hear. We decided to head to Ponyboy's house and walked in. "Hey Darry" I said. "Hey guys, how's it going?" He asked. "Pretty good. I actually have someone that is interested in saying hello." I said.

"Oh really? And who is this?" He asked. I simply opened the door and Honey walked in. "Hey Darry. How's it going?" She asked as she smiled. "Honey? Is that really you?" He asked. "Yes it's me." She smiled. "Golly, it's been so long since I last saw you! We have to talk, I mean, so much has changed these past few years" Darry said. "We should maybe-" "Nope, y'all are hanging in the cafe" I said as the keys jingled.

"Are you sure?" Darry asked taking the keys. "Yes Darry Im sure. Just make sure to close. I have the directions on how to make cappuccino on the counter by the coffee machine." I said. "Thank you" Darry and Honey said in unison. They left and closed the door behind them. Me and pony high-fived as we sat on the couch.

"What are you guys now huh? Fucking Cupid or some shit?" Two joke. "Eh" Pony and I said in unison, quickly breaking into laughter. "Something like that." Pony said. "We just figured good ol' Dar needed a little Honey in his life" I laughed. "Good one" soda pointed out. "Y'all should set me up" Dally said. "You're dreaming" "You're crazy" pony and I overlapped sentences. "Oh well" Dally said sighing.