Chapter 87: Love Under the Stars

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Saturday, January 18, 1969...

Just like Ponyboy said, his surprise really took place before sunrise. It was dark outside. By the placement of the moon in the starry sky, I would guess it was around five in the morning. It was still winter, so the sun rises around seven thirty.

We arrived at the top of a cliff in a park. By the look of the sorroundings it was a park not many people go to. It was clean. No trash on the floor. That says a lot. Usually the parks around here have trash and bottles of booze. "Pony, how'd you know about this park?" I asked him as we walked up. "I come here when I need to clear my head or when I'm doing some homework." He shrugged. I looked at him and smiled at the top of the hill was a blanket.

I looked at the perfect view of the sky. The sky was clear, allowing you to see every perfect star in the sky. And letting you see the beautiful constellations. I was interested in Astronomy. But not as much as being a doctor. We both sat on the blanket looking ahead. "You looked beautiful tonight." Pony whispered out of nowhere. I turned to look at him. "You think so?" I asked. "I don't think so. I know so." He reassured. I looked into his eyes.

"What are you thinking about Curtis?" I asked as I smiled. He simply smirked and bit his lower lip. My eyes widened. "Ponyboy Michael Curtis! Here!? Right now!? No! You are crazy what if someone comes?" I asked him. "Relax baby girl. No one is coming. No one ever comes here trust me." He said. I looked at him and shook my head. "You are out of your mind." I said as I laughed. "The things love makes me do baby huh?" He said as he smiled. We didn't say anything.

We just started kissing eachother. And eventually we forgot to care. We ended up getting a blanket to cover us just in case someone came. I wouldn't be the type to do things like these. But it's happening. We're making love under the stars.

Ponyboy whispered sweet things in my ear.

Jesus...

I'm swooning...