💌 Chapter 59: Us 💌

🌹 Rose's P.O.V 🌹

Wednesday, September 30th, 1968...

Sandy walked out of my room. I walked to my window and sat down. My window had a small seat. I looked out the window and there was still light outside. I looked out and saw pony and Sandy talking. I sighed.

There was nothing more that I wanted. I just wanted my best friend back. I wanted my best friend by my side so he can help me. So he can tell me everything is okay. I just want Pony back. I want to hang out like we used to. I want the memories back. I want someone that I know isn't growing apart from me. Everyone is getting married or getting engaged or living life and me?

I'm just crying. It's like the only thing I can do. I can't live like this anymore. I want someone by my side. I want to be loved. Sandy walked into the house and pony walked away. And I cried even more. I wanted someone to talk to. And for once in a long, long time.

I cried over my parents. I wanted them back. I wanted the family I once had. And for once. I wanted to die. I wanted to be gone with them. I wanted my mother back. I need her now more then even and she's gone. The only person that will ever understand me is my mother. And she's gone. Sandy is great help don't get me wrong, but I miss my mother. I only them back. Sandy and Soda are getting married in December, by some mountains in a small cabins place. I already made reservations. And Darry and Honey are getting married in January. I saw pony walk into his house. And that's the last time I really had any contact with anyone.

Monday, October 26th, 1968...

I haven't gone outside in a month. My breakup with Randy was really hitting me hard. Not because I miss him- well I do miss him a lot, but because I really thought I was important to someone. I've been painting, and I even wrote Ponyboy a letter. It talked about the time he got drunk and ended up in the cooler. He called me early in the morning and I bailed him so Darry wouldn't find out and get him in trouble. About the amount of times I slept in Pony's bed to help deal with his nightmares when soda couldn't because he was dating Sandy. As I sat on the window seat, I heard Sherri walking out of the house. She was mad. Pony looked at her and it seemed like he was begging her something? I didn't know.

I opened the letter and I knew I was gonna send it. I made a paper airplane out of a piece of paper and placed the letter on top. It better land inside his room. I threw it and it landed swiftly. Now we simply wait...

🌹 Ponyboy's P.O.V 🌹

I couldn't believe it. Cherry ended getting accepted to her dream school in New York. I was happy but she had to leave me. And it hurt. We've been together for months. But I knew it was best for her. I walked up to my room to find a paper airplane with a letter attached. I looked at my window and saw the one of Rose's windows were open. I picked it up and read:

Dear Ponyboy:
I had a dream, we were back to fourteen. Summer nights and the nightly double, never growing up.. I'll take with me the polaroids and the memories but you know I'm gonna leave behind the worst of us..
Who's gonna walk you through the dark side of the morning? Who's gonna rock you when your nightmares won't let you sleep? Who's waking up to drive you home when you're drunk and all alone and you don't want Darry to get mad at you?

It's not me anymore...

~ Rose Green

I sighed. I couldn't believe it. I knew she said she was gonna stay away, but I didn't expect her to. I miss her. And I guess it's my fault we're so distant. I never told her I wanted our friendship. I was wrong for giving Cherry all my attention when Rose has done so much more for me. She's been locked in her room for a month now. And partially it's my fault. She needs someone to talk to.

She needs someone to tell her it's all okay. She needs someone to take her out of her depression. I grabbed Darry's truck keys and hurried to the car. Driving off to the store. Before I talk to rose I need to do one thing. And I'll start repaying her slowly. I will build our friendship back.