💌 Chapter 57: The Letter 💌

🌹 Rose's P.O.V 🌹

Sunday, May 24th, 1968...

It was a Sunday morning and I was laying in bed. It was one of those days where I  felt like doing nothing.  I had horrible stomach pains. Things with Randy we're going perfect.  He was so sweet and caring.

As I was in bed, I heard a knock on the door. I turned to see who it was and Randy walked in. I smiled. "How's my baby doin?" He asked as he sat on my bed. "Oh I'm fine. I have a stomach ache but nothing much" I said as I smiled. "Well I came here to cuddle. And also because I have bad news..." he said.

I sat up from the bed, " What's up? I asked. He pulled out a letter from his pocket and handed it to me. I oppened it and read:

05/24/1968

Dear Randy,
It is with great pleasure that I write to inform you that you have been accepted for admission to New York University. On behalf of the faculty and staff and New York University, I congratulate you on your accomplishment and welcome you to our community..

"Baby, this is great! What's so bad about it?" I said. "It's all the way in New York and, I leave towards the end of August. I'm gonna leave you." He said looking down. "Look honey, I know we'll have to be far away, but we can always call and visit over the breaks, it's gonna be alright" I said as I caressed his cheek.

He simply smiled and hugged me.

Sunday, August 30th, 1968...

And just when we thought we were at our happiest point together, Randy had to leave. Next thing I know, I'm at the airport, saying goodbye to him. He looks at me, trying not to cry. "I'm gonna miss you" He said as he grabs my hands and plants a sweet kiss on it. "I'm gonna miss you too, but it has to be this way, just remember to call me every night if you can alright?" I asked. He nodded. I sighed.

"I'm so proud of you. You've come so far and, look at you, on your way to your dream school. I hope everything comes through like you want it too. Baby, I'm always gonna be here for you." I said almost crying. "Passengers of flight fourty-eight with destination to New York, please make your way to gate A-two, your flight will be leaving in fifteen minutes." A lady said through the intercom. Randy sighed and this is where I knew, this was it. He dipped me into our last passionate kiss before walking away. We both knew this was the best way. Without saying a word.

I made my way home in no tears. I had to be strong. And I knew he felt the same way...