💌 Chapter 41: Miscarriage? 💌

🌹 Rose's P.O.V 🌹

Monday, January 12, 1968...

It was a Monday night and I was working my shift at the hospital. I'm not certified yet to preform my own deliveries but I can help the doctors. I had one more test to do on a real person.

As I was checking a file on a pregnant woman that had chosen me as her doctor, I heard someone screaming my name. I turned to look in that direction and I saw Sandy and Soda. Sandy was crying and and yelling, and her hand was bloody as well as her pants. She was groaning. "I need you to help me I don't know what is happening!" Soda said. I looked at the clock. It's was three in the morning. I turned to the secretary. "Get room number three started." I began. "But that's where your teacher does all the testing!" The secretary, Mary, said. "I know. Call her and tell her I'm ready to test." I said.

I led them to the room sandy was in a wheel chair. I had to take immediate action. She was bleeding too much. "What happened?" I asked as I was examining. Sandy had calmed down, I gave her a shot of tranquilizer. "She saw her parents on the street and they started yelling at her. And her dad pushed her. I wasn't there but then she came to the DX and she was already bleeding." "Dear lord" I mumbled. "What?" They both said.

"When you bleed excessively like this, it's usually a sign of miscarriage. Sandy is already dilated 3 centimeters, meaning that the pregnancy tissue is trying to leave." Soda looked afraid. "Is there anything else this can mean?" He asked. "It can also mean that she got too stressed, and that's where the bleeding comes from. We have to do an ultrasound." I said. Taking my gloves off. My teacher walked in. I updated her on what was happening. "Rose honey. Are you sure you can handle this?" She asked. "Yes. Look, this is the time. She's in danger and chose me to help her. I'm not gonna let her down." I said. "Just remember an adult is gonna be with you at all times." My teacher said. I nodded.

...
I got the ultrasound machine ready. I applied cold gel on her stomach and grabbed the Transducer (the little machine). I began rubbing her stomach. I couldn't hear a heartbeat. I heard a faint heartbeat and smiled. Sandy and soda both smiled too. "Looks like the bleeding was just something related to stress. I will have you stay here for the night since you are in posible state of labor. My shift ends in two hours and then I'll just stay here with you." I said. She thanked me and I walked out.

...
It was eight in the morning and I was reading a book. Trying not to fall asleep. Soda was laying on the couch sleeping and Sandy was on the bed. I felt really bad for her. She had a huge scare. I was sitting on the counter and checking up on her every once in a while. She started groaning in pain and sat up. I rushed over to her side. "Are you okay?!" I asked. She looked at me in pain. "No it fucking feels like someone is pressing too hard on my pelvis!" She yelled. "Jesus Christ!" I said and put my white coat on. "What?" Soda asked waking up and rushing to the bed. "Sandy is having contractions!" I said. "You should make sure you count, I'm gonna get everything ready. Incase your water breaks" I said.

I walked out of the room only to see Sandy's parents.