Chapter 42

Harry’s P.O.V

I rushed as fast as I could to get to the car, Ed by my side.

“What hospital?” He asked bringing up his iPhone map.

“Uh, Benson Private Hospital” I said in a whisper 

“It will be okay man” He smiled at me. 

Thats the thing. What if it’s not okay? What if she’s so badly hurt that she could die? 

“I don’t want to loose her” I whispered under my breath fighting away the tears that I felt coming to my eyes. 

“You wont” Ed said sternly 

We finally pulled up at emergency parking and I jumped out of the car faster then Niall eats a sandwich. 

“Ill park and find you. Now go!” Ed said as he drove off

I rushed into the hospital trying to find where to go I ran straight to the main desk about to ask the lady where to go

“Harry Styles?” I turned around at the sound of my name

“That’s me” I said puffed from running

“I was the one you spoke to on the phone. Doctor Jay will take you through” He said.

I shook his hand and followed the doctor

“How is she” I said breaking the silence of the quiet corridors 

“Not the best” She said giving me a half smile

“What’s going to happen to Fabien?” I said in a whimper

“The boy” She paused 

“I assume you know he passed away on the scene. We tried to revive him, but he wasn’t coming through” She said sadly. 

“Have you told Chloe?” At this point, it was hard not to cry. 

She kept walking and didn’t reply. We walked into a room, there where lights coming from every machine possible, wires everywhere. 

And that’s when I saw her

Laying there as if she was lifeless 

I just stood there, taking in what I was seeing. 

My girlfriend. The person I loved more then anything in the world, was laying in a hospital with wires on every part of skin on her body. The only thing that kept her alive was that machine. 

I took the courage to walk over to her, crouching down next to her bed and looking at her peaceful face. She looked so innocent but so badly hurt.

“Harry”

“Hmm” 

“Do you want to go over some things” The doctor pushed 

“What’s happened to her?” I asked getting straight to what I needed to hear 

“When the car crashed, we assume Chloe hit her head on something, which made her badly concussed. She suffers a broken leg which has three fractures. The boy was killed because the car had hit his side of the car creating more impact for him, Chloe was lucky not to be killed” 

I rested my head on the railing that was on the side of Chloe’s bed

“Has she been awake?” I asked trying again not to tear up

“She is going to be on life support, though we don’t know when she will come to. We expect her to come good in the next 3 weeks, but it is hard to tell at this time. Her body needs to recover Harry.” 

I sighed and looked at her again, this time taking in her ‘new’ appearance. 

She had cuts all over her face and bruises on her body. She looked like if you picked her up, she would break. 

It killed me to see anyone in this condition, let alone the person I loved. 

“I will be back in an hour to check on things” She said as she left the room leaving me alone with Chloe

I reached over and softly placed Chloe’s hand in mine. I brought her hand up to my face as I softly kissed it. 

This was all my fault, if I had just picked her up and drove her home myself, fabien wouldn’t be dead and Chloe wouldn’t have been in hospital fighting for her life. 

I shouldn’t have been so selfish, I should have gotten her home safely. 

My thoughts where interrupted by my phone ringing 

“He-ell-o” I stuttered as I answered my phone

“Hey mate it’s Zayn, we are all standing out side your house. Care to let us in?” He laughed as I heard the rest of them laugh. 

“Zayn, can you come to the hospital. Chloe’s-” I cut myself off due to a lump in my throat.

Everything went silent for a minute as i heard Zayn starting to panic 

“We will be there as soon as we can mate. Benson hospital?”  He said in a hurry, i could heard the worry in his voice

“yeah, see you then” I hung up the phone and rested my head back on the railing of the bed.

_____________________________________

Okay, it's not as long as the others but... i didn't want to leave everyone on a BIG cliff hanger. Poor Chloe ay :( It was so hard to kill Fabien, i just... oh god:( So vote, fan, comment :) xx