Chapter 4

Ricky
   "Alright then.." I say quietly as we enter our dorm room once again. "So now what?"
  "How the hell am I suppose to know?" Nini replies, sitting on the white duvet covered bed. "T-there is no way I am going to stay in this dorm for 4 years with you."
   "Gee," I say, walking to the bed. "May I?" I ask, pointing at the bed.
   "Might as well," she answers sighing, "we are going to be stuck with each other for a while.
  As I sit down, I meet her gaze and the only thing it reminds me of is the night of the play. Where I basically broke her heart...
    "So um...how is the sleeping arrangement going to be?" She asks, looking around.
    "I'll sleep on the floor. I can just lay some things out and I'm sure I'll manage." I answer.
   "It's going to get uncomfortable Ricky, and I'm not necessarily going to let you complain every morning to me."
   "Unless you want the floor, that's going to be how it is." I respond shrugging.
   "I'm willing..."
   "What?"
   "I'm willing.." she say louder.
   "Nini..I was joking. Look I'll sleep on the floor." I reply laughing.
   "We could switch every night. It's not going to be a problem for both of us is it?" I give her a rather serious demeanor.
" I'm not going to let you sleep on the floor Nini." I say sternly.
"Why not?" She asks annoyed.
"Because I said so." I reply.
"Oh so your my mother now?"
"It's common sense I'm not going to let you sleep on the floor."
"How is it common sense?" She asks quickly.
"It just is."
"Okay but how?"
"It.Just.Is"
"How?!" She raises her voice just a bit.
"Nini! It's common sense." I reply, matching her tone.
"How is it common sense? It's a question that can easily be answered" she says in a laugh-y tone.
"It's COMMON SENSE Nini!"
"RICKY! How is it common sense?!"
"IM NOT GOING TO LET MY EX WHO I HAVEN'T SEEN IN YEARS SLEEP ON THE COLD HARD GROUND!" I shout rather loudly.
In silence, I return my gaze to hers, and for an uncomfortable amount of time.
"We're switching days.." she says breaking contact and standing up.
"Is it that hard to do one thing Nini?!" I yell in frustration, standing up as well.
"We are switching days. It's not that hard to understand."
   "No. We aren't. Just this once just listen and follow what I'm saying."
   She gives me a look before saying:
  "Fine."
  "Was it that hard?" I tease.
  "Don't make me change my mind."

6 HOURS LATER 8:37 P.M

    Hearing the satisfaction of the key, I open the door to see bright lights hanging on the ceiling and merely the whole room rearranged.
   "Uh...someone's class ended early I suppose.." I quietly say as I enter the door. Nini wasn't in sight. "Hello?"
I make sure not to drop my backpack anywhere that she wouldn't want me to drop it, but since this place was basically all hers, I keep the strap tightly on my shoulder.
As I fully walk in, Nini somewhat becomes apparent in shorts and a T-shirt. She was organizing things in the corner, where her desk just happened to be.
"Nini? I-" Startled, she knocks a couple of things over before turning around.
"Jesus!" She begins, "Warning?"
"Sorry. What are you doing?" I ask, placing my backpack next to hers.
"Well," she says as she grabs a hoodie, "I am rearranging things, and please tell me you don't mind because there's absolutely no way for me to change everything."
"Yeah, no. I'm good, it's uh, your room. I couldn't care less." I answer, going to my suitcase.
"Really hope your not being sarcastic," she says as she struggles to put on her hoodie.
"Nini are you?"
"I'm great.." she answers, still trying to find the hole for the head.
"Here let me help." I reply laughing. I go to her before guiding her head through the large hoodie.
"Thanks." She says quietly as she finally get her head through. I respond by laughing because...how could you not laugh at someone who doesn't properly know how to put on a hoodie out of all things.
Returning back to my suit case, I trip on the tangled mess of left over lights.
"Couldn't have moved them?!" I shout, still on the wooden floor.
"Why would I do that when I'm not done?" She answers, trying to help me up. "Plus, you should've payed attention to your surroundings."
On my feet, I sigh before actually getting to my suitcase.
"Where should I put it?" I ask, opening my suitcase.
"Put what?"
"My make shift bed?"
"Oh, that? Put it right here." She says, pointing next to the bed.
  "You sure?"
  "I'm not your mother Ricky. If you don't want to put it there, choose anywhere else."
   "Alright then...." I respond, dragging my blankets over.
  Blankets all laid out, I test it to see if I'm comfortable and well...I'm not but it's not going to get any more comfortable than this so I let it stay there.
   "Alright, I'm uh going to bed." I say, placing my blanket over me.
  "Already?" She responds, turning around, "it's only 8:49."
  " I sleep early. I'm not going to skate around campus just yet." I reply.
   "Alright grandpa...good luck sleeping with these lights on.."
   "Hm. I've slept in broad daylight with sirens flashing all around me. I think I'll do fine."

Chapter 4. Enjoy!
Also, shoutout to @RucasandBugheadfan23
@Miszbabygurl23
@MorganNoelle
For being the first 3 people to save my story to their library.