Chapter 11

Ricky
I wake up out of no where. The whole room is pitch black and I can't seem to remember a thing except that I feel like pure shit. I manage to move my upper body up and look around, wondering where Nini is.
Almost on cue, I hear the sound of the key sliding into the door knob. As she opens the door, she flips the light switch, causing me to merely scramble and cover my eyes.
"Oh. Your up. Feel better?" She asks, dropping a duffle bag onto the floor.
"I wouldn't say that.." I groan. "I can somewhat move though."
She was sweaty and looked immensely out of breath, which was odd since this whole time I thought she was at the library. I push myself back to the point where I'm leaning on the backboard of the bed.
"Where have you been?" I ask.
"Gym. I just needed to relieve my stress. Though I didn't necessarily relieve as much as I thought since there were insanely hot guys ther..." she had talked to me as if I was one of her friends, causing her to stop in realization.
"I don't care." I say smiling. "Did you get at least a good workout?"
She looks at me oddly before continuing the conversation.
"I uh. I guess." She puts down her water bottle and makes her way towards me. "Huh. You still look as high as fuck."
"Still feel, high as fuck."
"Y'know," she begins, sitting next to me, "I don't know how you even get sick on the second day. Let alone in Cali."
I do.
"Unlucky I guess."
"You didn't put the clothes on?" She says, taking them off the bed.
Shit. Forgot about those.
"I was asleep. Here I'll put them on right now." I reply, trying to get up.
"No no. It's fine," she says laughing. "You look like a mess and it's probably best if you don't fall and knock things over."
It's finally getting back to normal...or as close as normal as can get considering that we're exes.
"You hungry?" She asks, getting up.
  "Famished."
  She stops dead in her tracks.
"Did you jus-"
"Say famished?" I finish, "Yeah, I did."
She rolls her eyes in annoyance.
"Well then....Pizza?"
"Yeah, anything at this point would honestly do."

The night didn't end for a long time. It varies from me, finally getting up so we can talk, to us eating food, then to us watching "Friends" on her laptop, still eating, then to us playing board games, then to me still feeling like shit and throwing up, then to us realizing it was 3 in the morning before we figured it was best going to sleep.
It felt like when I was still with Nini, and when I'd come and hang over at her house. It felt...normal..actually normal.

Morning. 11:32 A.M
Multiple kicks begin jabbing into my side as I soon open my eyes to a bright light , causing me to cover whatever it was, with my arm.
"Mm," I groan, turning over to my side. "What?"
"It's 30 past 11." Nini says, still kicking me.
"It's what?"
"11 past 30."
"Nini," I say, flipping myself over, "I don't understand what the hell your saying."
"It's 11:30!"
The words cause me to open my eyes wide.
"Fuck..." I say quietly, pushing myself up. I look up at Nini, who is putting up her hair.
"Well then," she says, a hair tie in her mouth. "Get up!"
I groan before roughly taking the blanket off my body. It took me a while to process that I was in sweatpants and a hoodie, which is something I haven't put on in a year or 2.
"I already skipped some classes." I say, not caring.
"Do you have anymore?"
"Not that I know of."
"Why is your schedule way better than mine?" She asks, taking the hair tie out of her mouth.
"Uh. Well when I picked my classes, I chose morn-"
"It was a rhetorical question idiot." She cuts in, going to her closet.
"Right, " I whisper, laughing.
I get up and look at the girl in front of me. The girl I hadn't seen in 3 years...standing in front of me. I couldn't help but smile before heading to the bathroom.

Coming out of the bathroom, I open the mini fridge and take out a water bottle before noticing Nini, who had changed while I was in the bathroom, making her bed for once.
"Am I missing something here?" I ask, taking a sip of the water.
"What?"
"Not once, have I seen you make your bed."
"Well I've changed Ricky. I learned that neatness is something important in life."
The way her words meddled together were oddly satisfying.
"Right.." I say in suspicion. "Well. I'm going to probably stay here all day, or what not. All I know is that I feel better so, you do your thing and I'll do mine."
"You know...you could maybe...I don't know..go to the library and study." She says, finishing up and grabbing her backpack.
"Ha. That's not an option."
"Like you said, you do your thing and I'll do mine. Want anything for breakfast?"
"Nah it's fine. I can get it myself. Thanks though."
"Alright well, see you later." She puts her backpack over her shoulders and opens the door before leaving.
   I struggled a smile before grabbing my keys.

Nini
   Walking down campus, I move my backpack to one side and begin digging into my backpack in search for my book. It wasn't until I got halfway across campus that I found it.

Flashback*
   "Kourtney, your awfully quiet.." I begin, "is there something wrong or..."
   The hallway tended to be empty, allowing me to speak freely with no care...as if I had any.
"There is absolutely nothing wrong. I'm just tired today," she defends.
"Right. I'm not sure if you remember, but uh remember that one time where you distinctly shouted at Carlos simply because you were "too tired" to rehearse?"
"You have no right.." she jokes. "Anyhow Nini, I'm fine. This is a different tired. It's the that time of month tired."
"Oh. You couldn't have told me that? I swear I'm starting to think your the one walking eggshells around me."
"Oh honey, that is impossible. No one is going to walk egg shells around you. Your too nice."
"Nice?" I ask in concern. "I am not nice."
"Keep telling yourself that."
I open the door and allow Kourtney to go in before I do, but the sense of people staring at me stops me before I could do the same.
Everyone's eyes were on us, as if we just killed someone right in front of them.
"Okay...then.." I whisper to Kourtney as I force myself into the classroom.
I sit down next to Ashlyn and take out my books for the class.
"What did I miss?" I ask quietly.
"Too much to say. Ms Raul basically just gave a lecture about how girls starve themselves to become skinner and ill honestly never be the same." She replies.
She basically spread a rumor that I starved myself all to become skinner.
I'm fucked

***
"Nini?" The voice startles me, causing me to drop my book. Picking it up and turning back around was a grave mistake.
"Kourtney..." I say quietly, in shock. "What uh...what are you doing here?"
"I'm visiting with my mom. My grandmas here, figured I would tour some campuses and see if they were better than Chicago's."
Everyone's here now aren't they huh? Me and Kourtney haven't spoken for a very long time and at a moment like this, I wish it stayed that way.
"So you go to UCLA?" She asks, peering around.
"Yeah it's been um. It's been my dream. Hey are you going to the um..the second production of high school musical the musical?" I ask quickly.
"Oh for sure. I have got to show those little ones the way. I know some of them so it'll be fun. How about you?"
"I um. I don't really know. I'm not necessarily interested in seeing EJ.." she gives me a sympathetic look.
"Or Ricky.." she continues on, confusing me.
"Oh and Ricky..right." I say catching on. "Look I gotta go.."
"Oh yeah. Go ahead. It was great seeing you again." She replies.
"Same to you," it was not. "Have a good day!"
Jesus Christ it feels like a reunion right now.

Chapter 11.
Shoutout to
@F00dchildrensss
@Stella_Burbreen
For saving my story into their Libraries.