Chapter 60.

Ricky
  Willow left a while ago. I felt...so bad considering the fact that her night was messed up in the worse way possible, the..American way. A gun. A fucking gun.

I look at the hospital clock, the bright red 2:53 AM glowing. The desk worker for the floor has been giving me sympathetic looks after my like..5th break down of the day.

I don't really know what to do. It's late and I still haven't been able to see Nini. I don't think I will for a while at this rate.

I've gone to the conclusion that Nini was my first love. The problem is? I don't think she'll be my last.

Unexpectedly, the lights turn off, leaving me in the waiting room with just the red numbers as a light source. I can hear the desk worker get up and talk to someone, but I couldn't see anyone or anything.

I stand up and take my phone out of my pocket, using it as a flash light. I point the phone towards the front desk to see the worker on her phone.

"The lights just powered out," she explains, "the back up generators will turn on soon. Just sit down for a bit. It's only the lights."

"I-..okay." I respond, my voice being softer than I wanted it to. I turn off my flashlight and sit back down.

I'm tired but I just want to take that 1 in a billion chance that Nini will be out when I'm here. I'll stay here until she comes out and tells me she's okay.

Flashback*
"If I tell you my opinion on licorice, will you punch me?" I ask, eating my chips.
"Depends, What is it?"
"It's...disgusting."
She sighs, looking at me.
"I won't punch you." A breath of relief comes out, "I'll slap you."
With that, she lightly slaps my face. I know for a fact that she can slap way harder than that.
"Hm." I hum cheerfully, returning my gaze to the screen. "Still won't change my mind."
"Wasn't the goal. Was not the goal at all."
"Right okay then." I check my watch. "We should probably go to bed. It's 1."
  "Yeah you're right." She closes the laptop and gets up, taking the snacks with her. She puts the snacks on the table and begins to wash her hands. "What time is your first class?"
"I thought you'd know this by now." I grunt getting up.
"I forgot. When is it?"
"7:40. I'm probably going to end up going earlier though. I'm not going to be riding my skateboard for a while."
"Still don't know how you do that without a helmet anymore. Tad bit pathetic don't you think?" She dries off her hands and sits on her bed.
"What? What's pathetic about that?"
"You not caring about your safety. It's a bit obvious."
"Hm. Is it really?"
"It's way too obvious."
"You'll think about a lot in Chicago. Safety sometimes isn't one of them."
I get up and go to the bathroom to get ready for bed. As I begin brushing my teeth, Nini joins beside me and takes her toothbrush. I raise a brow but quickly drop it as she begins brushing her teeth as well.

I mean we are roommates. We share a room so at this point I don't really care and I think I can finally say she doesn't either.

I lay down and cover myself with a blanket as Nini lays down on her bed.

"Wait a fucking minute." I say, sitting up. "We don't have class tomorrow. We just had a movie night."
  "And your right." I didn't even have to look at her to know that she was grinning.
"I'm going to take a guess that you knew?"
"Yup. Good night."
"I-..okay."
I purposely made my response sad and miserable sounding, hoping she'll retaliate. I lay back down and wait.
"What the hell do you want to do?" She reluctantly says, causing me to smile.
"Put on your jacket," I say getting up. "We're going on a walk."
"A walk? Really? Why that out of all things?" She whines, pulling the blanket off of herself.
"The campus is really nice. Some seniors put up lights every night even though it would get taken down in the morning. It's gorgeous, trust me."
"And how do you know about that?"
"Because I don't sleep at 10 every night? Come on up up."

I button up my coat as we walk the sidewalk. I glance at Nini who had her hands in her pockets. It wasn't that cold but it seemed like she was freezing.
  I lead the way down the stairs where most of the seniors go. I peak my head around the brick wall and smile at the view. I look back and hold my hand out for Nini to take, but she gives me nothing but an arched brow.
"Come on. There's no alcohol here, I promise." I joke, keeping my hand out.
She reluctantly takes it, letting me pull her with me. The bright lights begin to show as we continue further down the side walk.
  People were on ladders, holding one string of lights in one hand and pointing with the other, trying to lead the others.
  I look over at Nini, who was smiling at the view and surprisingly, still holding my hand.
  "Hey Rick!" Jack says, waving at me from his ladder.
  "Hey man," I wave back, "how are you?"
  "I'm great. Who's the lucky girl?"
I hide my smirk as I look at her. For some reason she was blushing.
  "An amazing person. That's who." I respond, continuing down the path. I keep Nini's hand in mine as we slow down to take a closer look at the lights. She had her eyes on a particular  type of lantern, causing me to let go of her hand and go up to Ahmed, who were hanging them up.
"Hey, mind if I take one?" I ask, looking at them. They were really attractive, I'll admit.
"No not at all. Go for it." He says with a grin.
I pull one off of the strings and go back to Nini. I hold it out in front of her to take.
"You didn't have to do that," she says, taking it. "But thank you."
"It's not a problem. Come on, there's more." I take her hand once more.

***
  The lights turn on out of the blue, waking me up from my half sleep.

I want you guys to comment any questions you have about the sequel so I can make a chapter before the last chapter answering all of your questions. I won't answer them in the comments but you'll have to wait to the 2nd to last chapter where I'll answer everything. I want to know your questions!

Enjoy Your Day or Night!
-CR❤️